Property Surveying Manager
Here at Aviva UK, we have an exciting opportunity for a chartered Surveyor to join our Group Property Division as Property Surveying Manager. You will be part of the Corporate Real Estate and Strategy team providing strategic support to local teams running c80 locations across 10 countries, so no two days will be the same.
The Group Property vision is 'to create a vibrant, inspiring and flexible workplace where our people can deliver for our customers’ - having the right property in the right location is a key enabler to the success of the Aviva Group. As Property Surveying Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring we have those properties and that the Aviva property estate is appropriately managed.
You will ensure that Aviva maximises the value of its property estate whilst aligning to business unit strategy and organisation requirements, working closely with our Real Estate supplier and Strategy Leads. You will lead as Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) for the real estate contract and act as lead advisor on all corporate real estate matters for Aviva.
This role will benefit from Aviva’s smart home working arrangements, so location is flexible - however, you will be required to travel to our offices in London, Perth and/or Norwich for meetings on occasion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- SRM for corporate real estate contract (£75m UK&I rental payments)
- Reduce property costs by taking action to reduce service charges, business rates and other costs
- Minimise rents payable at rent review/lease renewals, and dilapidations payments at lease expiries
- Maximise rents receivable at rent review/lease renewals and dilapidations recoveries at lease expiries
- Procure cost-effective exits from surplus buildings, including taking advantage of break options and lease expiries
- Acquire new premises and dispose of surplus premises on optimum terms to meet Aviva’s business needs
- Provide advice to project teams on property issues (planning, landlord permissions etc) affecting projects and ensure the necessary actions are undertaken
- Ensure management information is provided to key stakeholders which is relevant, accurate and timely
- Centre of real estate excellence, sharing best practice and supporting all markets as necessary
Skills and Experience Required
- Extensive professional experience and MRICS qualified
- Previous experience in corporate real estate is preferred - either in house or on behalf of a supplier
- Highly commercial with experience of managing supplier relationships
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing/presentation skills
- Customer centric approach
What will I get for this role?
- Salary in the region of £70,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We’re all about our people - that’s you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'