- Previous experience in the property or holiday cottage market
- Good geographical and local knowledge of the Lake District
The role of Property Specialist is based in the Windermere office and the successful applicant will act as a first point of contact for Potential New Owners considering letting their cottage through our clients sister company. The role will suit someone confident in dealing with others face to face and on the telephone selling cottage holidays in the lakes, gathering information about the property and the owner and booking in a meeting with the local Property Consultant.
The role is also responsible for greeting visitors to the office and answering any queries they may have to a high standard. As a point of contact for local cottages, the role is varied dealing with any issues and providing a key collection service for new arrivals to properties. Providing owners with a local fully managed service, the Property Specialist will also be responsible for checking properties to ensure guest satisfaction and minimise guest complaints.
As the first point of contact for many customers and visitors, this role will embody the company's 20:20 vision of being the best company to let your cottage with, go on holiday with and to work for by providing a friendly, courteous and helpful service.
- Acting as a first point of contact for potential pew owners considering renting their cottage with the company - both over the phone and in person.
- Selling the benefits of working with the company, and securing a visit with our Regional Manager for every property
- Impressing potential and new owners with our local knowledge and industry expertise, ensuring every call or meeting ends with owners wanting to work with the company
- Following up on Regional Manager visits and keeping in contact with owners prior to contracts being signed
- Assisting customers, over the phone and face to face, with queries, any problems at the property and logistical matters such as key collection
- Acting as a first point of contact for local owners, welcoming visitors to the office, who may wish to book a holiday or ask a question
- Working with the Windermere office team and wider Lake District and Property Recruitment teams to achieve the company aim of increasing overall property recruitment
Essential Experience and Competencies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Good geographical and local knowledge of the Lake District region
- Proven ability within a sales or customer service orientated role
- Effective problem solver, able to reach solutions quickly, calmly and efficiently
- Good attention to detail and able to work quickly and accurately
- Adaptable - able to adjust priorities and multi task effectively during busy periods
- Able to work alone and plan own workload, but also able to contribute effectively to working as part of a local and wider team
Desirable Experience and Competencies
- IT literate, including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel
- Commercially minded - able to negotiate and influence successfully
- Proven sales experience and successful delivery of KPI targets
- Results-driven and motivated to deliver targets
- Customer service-orientated, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure customers and owners receive a great service
- Professional and approachable demeanour
- Organised in workload
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive, "can-do" attitude
This role will be based at our clients offices in the centre of Windermere. In addition to basic salary commensurate to experience, on offer is a generous benefits package including pension contributions, private medical cover and 20 days holiday, rising to 25 days with service, and discounted cottage holidays.
Working hours are 37.5 per week
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job