Property Solicitor, Heart of East Sussex - Are you ready for a new challenge within a fast-paced legal firm who has an outstanding reputation. If you are looking in East Sussex then do not miss out, act now.
Position: 3+ years’ experience in being Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer
Location: Seaford, East Sussex
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Reward Recruitment is partnered with a leading law firm based in the South East, employing over 200 staff across their offices.
They take pride in their professional, yet friendly and approachable style, which is tailored to meet your needs. Their large and ever-growing portfolio of commercial and private clients is testament to the quality and range of specialist services and expertise that they offer.
Personal Skills and attributes:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in managing a full caseload of conveyancing matters.
- Additional experience in Wills and/Probate would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Working closely with the friendly team at the Seaford office and with the wider Property team
- Managing instructions from existing clients and dealing with new clients from introduction to matter conclusion.
- Excellent business development and networking skills are essential
- Building relationships with potential clients, contacts and referrers and developing the firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- To give estimates of costs to new clients, in conjunction with New Enquiries Team, as appropriate
- To take initial instructions for Sale and Purchase
- To open and progress matters in line with departmental procedures
- To undertake administrative work on matters including letter and form production and photocopying as required
- To liaise with clients, estate agents, mortgage lenders and solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- To manage a range of residential property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
- To undertake any additional delegated tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
- To manage post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- To manage post-completion work including stamping of documents, Registration and Scheduling of Deeds
- To maintain your own diary and handle matters arising, in liaison with other Legal Advisers
- To cover the property work of other Legal Advisers in their absence
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- To achieve agreed levels of time-recording (as appropriate)
- To provide support to other Legal Advisers and Assistants in the Property department as may be required
- To be able to undertake Wills and Probate work, or to be willing to develop the skills to undertake this work, alongside Property work
- To comply with lender panel and Conveyancing Qualify Scheme requirements
- To undertake any other tasks as may be required from time to time
- In liaison with Head of Department and other Partners, to be active in promoting the services of the firm and its image and ethos