St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100Wealth Management company with £89.91bn of client fundsunder our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all areas of property risk are appropriately managed, guaranteeing compliance with current regulatory and legislative requirements and industry standards. The jobholder must assist with the identification and mitigation of risks in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner, striving for continual improvement of existing policy and processes to remain compliant
The Property Risk Team’s responsibilities are to manage the operational risk framework which includes; Business Continuity, Health & Safety, Insurance and Security, ensuring that all aspects of property risk are appropriately maintained and efficiently documented, in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
St. James’s Place has a property portfolio of over forty locations including ten Rowan Dartington locations spread throughout the U.K. with a further four located in Asia.
Working closely with the other members within the Property Risk Management Team, supporting their daily administrative and secretarial requirements, and perform any other functions when required, including;
- Managing the administration of the SJP Health and Safety (H&S) framework
- Liaising with staff to ensure our regulatory requirements are being met, ensuring the correct number of Fire Marshalls and First Aiders are in place and trained
- Maintaining and auditing the company H&S staff certification schedule, ensuring adequate cover at all locations
- Managing the administration for the end to end DSE process
- Maintaining adequate DSE and first aid stock, to ensure prompt distribution to locations
- Scheduling and booking training courses across all locations
- Liaising with suppliers, raising purchase orders and reconciling invoices
- Creating and maintaining divisional documentation and departmental records
- Ensuring all records held on CAFM are up to date with the correct access levels allocated
- Adding audit actions to the system and assigning to relevant action owner, managing action schedule and chasing / closing actions when required
- Producing a quarterly update document for all H&S staff at all locations, quarterly H&S champion report and H&S awareness documentation
- Secretarial duties, typing minutes/notes, diary management, document management and arranging travel and accommodation
- Collating information for quarterly divisional reports
- Providing cover for the property risk administration team for planned and unplanned absences
The Job holder should have knowledge of H&S and security and should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills, ability to prioritise a range of tasks for people at various levels and deliver in a timely manner
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office 365, Powerpoint and Forms
- Understanding of the St. James’s Place culture and brand adapting their approach to the St. James’s Place approach, particularly the focus on providing high quality service
- Demonstrate risk consciousness and proactively seek to mitigate any emerging risks
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team with a can do attitude and the desire to go the extra mile when required
- Confident communication style with the ability to adapt to all levels of the business and external suppliers
- May be required from time to time to work from alternative locations within the SJP group
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
We actively encourage the job holder to study areas related to property risk, which would be supported with training, ie. IOSH or NCRQ qualifications and to undertake continuous professional development to ensure that knowledge remains current.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance, equity participation opportunities, and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation, a grant-making charity where funds are raised and distributed through the St. James’s Place community. St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation has been supporting those in need since 1992, making a positive and lasting difference to people’s lives by awarding grants to charities registered in the UK to assist them in the incredible work they do every day. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: 'Wealth Management Company of the Year' at the City of London Wealth Management Awards 2018, 'Best Private Client Investment Manager’ at the Wealth Adviser Awards 2018 and 'Best Wealth Manager' at the Shares Awards for 2017
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.
- Administrative Duties
- Microsoft Office
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"