The company manages contracts for these services in the Midlands and East of England and the North East, Yorkshire and Humberside. Services are delivered through a combination of direct delivery and a network of experienced partners from the private, public and voluntary sectors.
As the Property Procurement Officer, your duties will be to:
- Liaise with local authority representatives on property consultation.
- Build strong links with local agencies and stakeholders to include but not limited to local authority Housing Standards / Environmental Health teams, UKBA compliance inspectors, Voluntary and Community Sector groups, Health services etc.
- Agree on commercial terms with providers within the limitations of the rent matrix and line manager approval.
- Build on existing relationships with providers and create new opportunities.
- Conduct inspections to include; Interim Inspections, Final Inspections etc. in line with the agreed Home Office and local authority standards to deliver the direct strategy.
- Support the mobilisation team to ensure all new procurement meets the standard certification requirements to include but not limited to Gas Safety, Electrical Safety, HMO Licensing, Selective Licensing, Fire Alarm Test Certificate, Emergency Lighting Test Certificate, PAT, etc.
To be a successful Property Procurement Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of local authority housing standards.
- Experience of property inspections / surveys.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email and Calendar.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of licensing, regulation and other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of the Asylum support contracts.
You will be working 40 hours per week.
In return, the Procurement Officer will receive a salary of £23,000 per annum.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.