Property Operations Manager
Are you an inspirational leader with great people management skills? Are you commercially astute, always looking for ways to develop and maximise the potential of operations? Do you understand the importance of excellent customer service? Can you easily adapt to situations working on your own initiative or as part of a team? We’re looking for a Property Operations Manager who will be Acorn Bank’s champion, leader and its representative for all internal and external interests.
This maternity cover post offers a fantastic development opportunity for those looking to gain experience in a busy operational role. The job covers many aspects including team leadership, people development, budgeting, project management, compliance, events, visitor experience, food & beverage and retail.
This is a fixed term contract due to end when the previous employee returns from maternity leave. At this point we cannot confirm exactly how long this contract will last, but it is likely to be 12 months.
What it's like to work here
This tranquil garden is renowned for its herb collections and fruit orchards. The imposing house has only been open to the public since 2012 and the team is working hard to develop the visitor experience. Acorn Bank offers a supportive and collaborative working environment where the small team is highly involved in the business planning process. If you are creative and energetic and would like to contribute to the success of this welcoming property, the team would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
We believe that our people are key to Acorn Bank's success. You'll be a hard-working, committed and friendly individual who is a team player with plenty of potential who will fit right in and hit the ground running.
You'll be solely in charge of managing and running every part of the property on a day-to-day basis. This includes all operational elements of opening the property to visitors, maximising income generation through admissions, membership recruitment and food & beverage and retail enterprises. You'll manage the presentational standards, develop the visitor experience and programme of activities and the marketing and communications for the property. As well as the visitor services side of the business you'll work with advisors to ensure Acorn Bank delivers and continually develops the conservation management plans for both the house and gardens and delivers the cyclical maintenance work. You'll also be responsible for managing the budgets to deliver this work.
Another key element of the role is strategic planning for a successful future, aligning it with the National Trust strategy to 2025. This includes developing and reviewing the property business plan and annual actions plans.
Whilst this is a full-time role, we would consider a job share if the right combination of candidates were present at interview. The provision of live-in accommodation as part of this post is also possible, subject to further discussion at interview.
Who we're looking for
You will be an individual that can balance the daily operational responsibility of running every aspect of the property with the longer term planning for the future. We’d like to hear from you if you have/are:
- Well organised and creative
- Commercially minded yet sympathetic to conservation requirements
- An eye for detail
- A proven track record in managing, supporting and motivating a team to deliver key objectives
- A broad background knowledge in running a historic property
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"