Location: Southend-on-Sea, Essex
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9- 5.30pm
Must drive and have use of own car
- Manage the property portfolio (roughly 150 properties) in order to maximize office income including the retention of properties and clients.
- Manage all property maintenance issues.
- Liaise with Landlords and negotiate with contractors for works to be carried out on properties.
- Arrange inventories, gas safety certificates, EPC’s and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation with regards to: gas safety, fire and furnishings, electrical safety, HMO’s, non-resident landlords.
- Liaise with independent inventory company and front office staff to ensure a smooth check in/out process.
- Arrange and carry out property inspections including reporting findings to the Landlord and arranging remedial works and/or follow up visits if required.
- Manage all tenancy renewals and secure renewal fees from Landlords and Tenants.
- Deal with complaints from Landlords and Tenants.
- Handle deposit dispute negotiations.
- Chase overdue rental payments.
- Handle all landlords correspondence post let.
- Ensure all data is entered into the Property Management system to guarantee continuity of filing systems.
- Complete property management notes to track progress of maintenance issues.
- Notify utility companies of all new tenants and change of occupants including the forwarding of all meter readings.
- Deal with general maintenance issues promptly with relation to the existing managed portfolio.
- Monitor contractors’ performance and approve invoices received for onward payment by the accounts department.
- Arrange repairs in order of priority and in accordance with our clients terms of business and ensure strong and prompt communication with landlords is maintained.
- Monitor the progress of all maintenance issues, up to the point of payment of the suppliers invoice to ensure all works have been satisfactorily completed.
- Manage the property diary system to ensure that all reminders, gas safety inspections, management visits and tenancy renewals are completed on time.
- Handle any overflow business with regards to call handling, viewings, booking appointments etc.
- Informing your Line Manager of any ideas which may improve performance and efficiency.
- From time to time perform duties outside of this job description reasonably requested of you.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Property Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'