• Overseeing department to ensure professional and courteous service is received by Landlords and Tenants.
• Identifying possible opportunities to enhance level of service provided to external and internal customers. Discuss with the Branch Manager and assume responsibility for implementation.
• Staff interviews, inductions, training, appraisals and development.
• Responding promptly and effectively to internal and external complaints.
• Advising the Branch Manager at an early stage of matters requiring their attention.
• Holding regular departmental meetings.
• Attending branch meetings as appropriate.
• Liaising closely with the Branch Manager to ensure good working relationship between departments and to ensure all staff are working to same team goals
• Managing the tenancies of a group of properties from the commencement of each tenancy until the property is returned to the owner. Specifically:-
o Checking and adhering to landlords’ management instructions.
o Issuing instructions for management inspections and reporting to landlords following inspections.
o Issuing instructions for safety inspections including gas safety checks. Organising for remedial works to be completed on a timely basis.
o Advising landlords/managing agents of want of repairs. Obtaining estimates, issuing works orders, paying invoices.
o Dealing promptly with correspondence, telephone calls, and personal visits from landlords and tenants.
o Receiving End of Tenancy Reports, advising landlords and tenants of charges on tenants’ deposit for cleaning, repairs or replacements. Finalising the release of the security deposit on the relevant parties in line with the scheme rules in which it is held.
o Advising utility companies of tenancy changes and of meter readings at the end of the tenancies.
o Ensuring that the diary is kept up-to-date to monitor outstanding matters.
o Reporting any complaint or legal letter/notice to the Branch Manager, appropriate Area Manager and the Lettings Director immediately upon receipt.
o Liaising closely with letting offices and client account departments.
o Responding immediately to any lack of security or essential services, or any danger to tenants or the public associated with landlords’ property.
o Forwarding landlords’ mail.
o Ensuring that appropriate charges are made for all services rendered.
o Serving appropriate notices, where the landlord or tenant wishes to end a tenancy.
o Posting miscellaneous fees.
o Dealing with landlord statement queries.
o Dealing with extensions and renewals.
o Achieving and maintaining relevant industry qualifications.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'