At Hyde, we see a future that creates a great home for everyone. We are a leading provider of affordable homes and we aspire to be a trustworthy and reliable landlord. We are doers - professional, ambitious and open. Together, our values reflect an organisation built on an achievement culture.
We have recently reviewed how we provide landlord services, bringing a keener focus to how we look after the buildings and estates we manage. We prioritise good service standards, a safe environment for all, as well as clarity and value of the services for which residents pay. We are seeking an experienced Property Manager and effective mobile worker to co-ordinate services to a defined patch of properties, actively managing local issues and building customer confidence.
About the job:
- Look after a defined patch of properties undertaking a programme of monitoring inspections
- Work with the Service Charge team to develop, manage and monitor accurate service charge budgets
- Work closely with compliance and health and safety teams to ensure appropriate measures and contracts are in place to deliver a well-managed portfolio through a proactive safety regime, holding accountability for your patch
- Ensure all service expenditure is in line with the principles of any lease agreement or hierarchy set up
- Own service delivery complaints and service charge queries relating to on-site delivery
- Work with Estate Services Contract Managers, Hyde staff teams and contractors to deliver good value services and standards
- Receive feedback from and provide updates to individual customers, residents' groups and to wider audiences via digital channels
- Participate in team working around the development of new schemes, preparing to bring them into management
- Coordinate with Property Services with regards to day-to-day repairs, contracted and cyclical maintenance projects and take action where performance does not meet requirements
- Work closely with internal partners and contractors to effectively manage communal utilities, communal heating and Combined Heat and Power systems
- Naturally it goes without saying that you will have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Previous experience in a residential property management, facilities or housing management role
- Experience of contract management and health and safety compliance, ideally with a focus on fire safety
- Experience of setting and monitoring budgets, demonstrating accountability for service standards and service costs
- Be able to balance competing business demands and balance business objectives with customer needs
- Self-reliant and extremely well-organised to deliver expected outcomes and performance standards
- Possess a 'cando' attitude, and a desire to achieve success as part of a dynamic team
- Demonstrate the ability to build successful working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Interview date: Wednesday 2nd May
What Hyde can offer you:
Hyde offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits using our flexible benefits scheme (iFlex), which includes options around Childcare, Lease Car, Gym Membership, Eye care, and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a number of substantial Core benefits including an impressive Pension Scheme.
Got what it takes? Click Apply Now and upload your CV and covering letter telling us why you would be perfect for this role.
- Contract Management
- Facilities Management
- Fire Safety
- Health Safety
- Property Management