This is an exciting opportunity to join our Hampstead Office as a Property Manager. We are looking for highly organised and enthusiastic individuals who are willing to learn specialist information to become an expert in their department. Ideally candidates will have previous customer service experience, property management experience or estate agency experience. Applicants with the right qualities will be considered regardless of industry experience.
As a Property Manager, you will need to:
- Working closely with central team and branches to retain and increase the portfolio of property managed units.
- Carry out property inspections on managed properties looking for referral opportunities
- Meet and exceed both team and individual service standards
- Delivering an exceptional service for continued growth of the business
- Deal with standard enquiries for all disciplines and ensure all client queries are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner. Refer complex queries to Property Management team.
- Create close working relationships with relocation agents
- Delivering income targets across multiple revenue streams
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong communication skills both on telephone and face to face
- Quick to learn and follow procedures
- Highly organised with an acute attention to detail
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous Property Management/Estate Agency experience desirable
- Determination to manage and meet Client expectations
- Able to take ownership of the assigned client base and grow business
- Able to make investigative inquiries when issues arise and maintain an objective view
- Able to work on own initiative and take ownership of problems
- Able to work to tight deadlines and deal with high volumes
- Stay calm and positive under pressure, pacifying in challenging situations
- Self-motivated to achieve required goals
- Ability to question and analyse information, in order to identify root cause of issues and enable effective decision making
- positive approach and outlook in the face of adversity
- identify opportunities and seize the moment to generate more revenue
- Demonstrate a high standard of literacy skill
- Be a logical thinker with a level headed approach
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
FRONT END BUSINESS GENERATION
- Develop and build strong relationships with key Clients and treat them as individuals
- Liaise/negotiate between Landlords and Tenants
- Calling current non managed Landlords in Central area working to upgrade clients to managed. Target area would be Landlords overseas and not in CGEAL postal area
- Attend Market appraisals for Lettings with Managers in order to sell management service. Utilise lettings managers diary for booked appointments
- Contact withdrawn managed instructions in order to re-sign for management
- Ensure that all relevant people are kept informed and up to date with progress particularly in relation to client issues / complaints. Manages expectations and ensure you follow up all queries.
- Advise the property management team promptly of any issues that arise and keep them up to date with all relevant issues
- Take appropriate action to pre-empt complaints. Take appropriate action to investigate and resolve complaints. If becomes complex refer to Property Management team.
- Liaising with existing clients to improve communications and relationships
- Work with Lettings managers to secure new property management clients giving clients confidence to sign up to service
- Identify opportunities for new business areas outside current client base
- Third party referrals for insurance/virgin/financial services. Look for areas where there is a requirement and contact for successful referral
- Look for refurbishment works required now and future scheduling for sales and lettings properties
- Market appraisal generation
PROCESS & PROCEDURES FOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Follow the procedures and process maps for their areas of activities ensuring that all key time scales are met
- Investigate and resolve queries and problems. Advise and recommend course of action on range of property issues
- Ensure that all queries are dealt with promptly and effectively and action is taken in line with agreed service standards.
- Maintain and use office systems effectively
- Welcome calls to new and relet Landlords and tenants 48 hours after move in
- Follow up calls to be made to 1 month after tenancy started to Landlords and tenants in order to convert to managed
- Issues to be escalated to the central team and monitored until completion.
- Issue correct documentation including letters and legal documents to all relevant parties in a timely manner
- Book and carry out property Inspections and complete paperwork to required standard
- Seek to continuously streamline and improve current processes and procedures. Actively take on feedback from Clients
- Maintain direct contact with existing book of relocation agents.
- Deliver the speed of service required
- Need to work closly with all offices and members of the team
- Arrange appointments and agree rental deals
- Ability to communicate acros several platforms and personal Styles
- Customer Service
- Property Management