We are currently seeking a Property Manager for our award winning client who have an established portfolio of properties and are one of the most exciting and talented growth businesses within the property sector. This exciting opportunity will involve managing housing properties and taking responsibility for the profitability of these homes. The successful candidate will be energetic and have excellent organisational abilities, they will also be customer centric, empathetic, determined and committed to providing service excellence. The role will involve acting as a central point of contact for internal and external clients and will require someone who is resourceful, builds rapport and is effective and efficient resolving a wide and diverse range of issues efficiently.
- Service and manage properties on a day to day basis.
- Anticipate and identify problems and provide solutions.
- Identify and act on any opportunities to develop business within your area.
- Organise meetings within your team to ensure the business operates efficiently.
- Support other developments and offering cover as required.
- Source agents and carry out reference checks.
- Ensure all tenancies are signed off according to the correct processes and in accordance with legal obligations and the Housing Act.
- Source new business and attend local and regional networking events.
- Offer out of hours’ emergency cover.
- Produce performance reports.
- Liaise with the After Care Development team regarding any maintenance issues.
- Cross reference the monthly financial reconciliation sheets
- Keep the newsletter up to date and distribute to tenants on a monthly basis.
- Ensure rents are paid on time.
- Respond to complaints and build rapport with tenants.
- Carry out property inspections including inventory checks.
Liaise with the Development Team and oversee the pre-handover process ensuring that all properties meet a certain criteria.
- Attend meetings with the Development team.
- Oversee the snagging and provide feedback prior to handover.
- Order furniture for the properties.
Manage Vacant Properties
- Take responsibility for advertising properties
- Liaise with the contractors and cleaners
- Arrange tenant viewings and shortlist possible tenants.
- Investigate tenants circumstances by interviewing
- Liaise with Housing Benefit
- Keep tenant reports.
- Liaise with tenants and provide a high level of service
- Demonstrate excellent business acumen and an understanding of financial issues
- Estimate costs and profitability
- Liaise with accounts regarding rent arrears and assist with cash collection