KFC UK & Ireland is one of KFC’s largest markets and is a significant profit contributor. KFCUKI is a £1bn business; an 880+ unit market of Franchise & Equity Restaurants, with an ambition to open 40 restaurants per annum.
The Herbert Group is the largest KFC franchise in the UK; Michael Herbert started the business in the 1980s with his first KFC restaurant in Glengormly, Belfast, and has built it up to be a very successful business with 150 KFCs and 1 Pizza Hut. The Group currently operate stores throughout the UK and Ireland, in a number of locations including Kent, West Country, South London, Jersey, IOM, Scotland, Northern and Southern Ireland. The Group has ambitious plans for growth and are currently rolling out a 5 year Vision and Strategy to enable this. Now really is an exciting time to join the Herbert Group!
Purpose of the Job:
- Ownership of our Annual Repairs and Maintenance Budget for a 150+ KFC portfolio situated across the UK&I.
- Direct Management of the performance of the Group’s Facilities Management provider in accordance with the contractual terms
- Point of contact for our external Property Advisors.
- On-going review and assessment of the portfolio to ensure property standards are best in class at all times
- Constructive challenge and benching of reactive, planned and capital spend levels across all pillars of the Group
- Challenge the status quo on how we currently manage our portfolio.
This is a role that is based from our office in Belfast with UK travel.
Repairs and Maintenance Budget
- Preparation, on-going review and delivery of the Group’s Repairs and Maintenance Budget which is assessed at c. £3m pa.
- Preparation of periodic reporting to the Board on nature and items of spend, along with recommendations on what if anything needs to change
- Hold all other pillars across the Group to account in terms of spend, ensuring that value for money is at all times achieved
- Identify areas of over-spend or a weakness in the current process, supported with recommendations and actions that are needed to remediate.
- Co-ordinate roll-out of all KFC Brand standard requirements in accordance with our Estates Department
- Ensuring that SLA’s are met at all times.
- Identify any areas of concern and work with the FM provider to rectify / find solutions.
- Hold them to account on levels of spend, ensuring budget is adhered to and value for money obtained.
- Approver of certain spend levels, determined by level and / or nature of spend.
- Periodic review meeting with FM provider on KPI’s.
- Responsible for all "out of cycle" works and significant repairs not covered by the FM contract.
- Direct point of contact for our external property advisors in respect of all rent reviews, lease discussions, rating challenges, lease terminations, dilapidations claims and any other direct property matters.
- Co-ordinate the management of the Groups residential properties in accordance with HMO and tenancy legislation.
- Ensure we are fully compliant all times under the terms of our leasehold estate.
- Internal owner of the Groups property database.
- Work closely with Local Authorities on matters such as resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy and inspecting vacant units
- Ensuring at all times that insurance cover and required levels are adequate
- Liaison with Estates Manager on annual refurbishment program ensuring effective management of spend.
- Ad hoc management and coordination of IT projects and liaising with IT partners to ensure successful implementation and escalation in outlier cases
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in budget control and Facilities Management
- Experience of the Restaurant Sector/Retail essential
- Recognised PM qualification is preferred
- Commercial mind-set and ability to self-manage
- Persuasive and effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to take a pro-active approach and problem solve
- Flexible approach to work. Manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Can hold others to account and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Clean Driving License
- Property Management
- Build Strong Relationships
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job