Property Manager - Richmond - £27k-£28k plus bonus and benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Property Manager. Our client is a market leading international property services organisation with offices worldwide. Employees are at the heart of the company and are looked after to ensure they are happy, challenged, motivated and rewarded. This role would suit anyone with a strong customer service / administrative / lettings background, who is keen to find a long-term position. Excellent communication, geography and organisation skills are essential.
Hours of Business - Monday to Friday - 9.00 -6.00
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the company`s Landlords and Tenants receive a effective, customer focussed property management service during their tenancy.
The key areas of the job involve:
Communication: Always ensuring Landlords, Tenants, contractors and colleagues are fully abreast of actions you have taken, programmes of work and progress and recording the same to the property management system.
You will be responsible for the effective handling of:
- Day to day property maintenance issues
- Planned maintenance
- Invoice management and processing
- Obtaining competitive quotations
- Reporting to landlord and tenant
- Insurance claims
- Organisation of safety certification and remedial works
- Negotiation and distribution of the deposit
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Great team player - ability to assist other where needed to contribute towards a positive office environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines
- Strong service ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident in liaising with colleagues, client and tenants
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and remain focussed
- Flexible and adaptable
- Previous Lettings Experience
- Ideally be ARLA licensed/achieved the NFOPP Technical Award
Salary: Basic £27 - £28K plus bonus (£2K performance related paid quarterly plus approx. £1 - 2K discretionary paid annually)
Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays
Additional: private health care after 1 year of service
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our clients requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
- customer service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job