My clients; a successful, independent, multi-branch Estate Agency are currently looking for an experienced Property / Block Manager to join their brilliant team in Bognor Regis.
This role will ask the successful candidate to manage a mixed and varied portfolio of approximately 1,300 units of mainly residential and some mixed development blocks located between Brighton and Bournemouth.
They will be responsible for the management of repairs and maintenance of all Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) properties managed by the Bognor Regis office.
The ideal candidate will have a wide level of experience and understanding of residential and mixed use property management, including block management and smaller units. They will have a high standard of professional ethics, and a sound knowledge of various building construction forms and techniques for their repair and maintenance. They will also have the ability to read, understand and apply relevant clauses within leases. An appreciation of Assured Shorthold Tenancies, and good public relation and communication skills, orally and written, good telephone manner is also strongly desired.
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To provide an efficient and effective service to landlords, long leaseholders and tenants, including contractual and financial management. Dealing with enquiries from lessees relating to repairs, accounts and all aspects of property management.
- To carry out routine and emergency inspections of properties and prepare forward maintenance plans/capital expenditure plans.
- To produce annual estimates/budgets for feeding into annual and half-yearly service charge demands.
- To administer Section 20 consultations for qualifying works and long term agreements.
- To attend meetings of lessees, including AGMs and Residents Association meetings (outside standard working hours when necessary).
- To respond to new business enquiries and to generate new business.
- To liaise closely with the Residential Lettings department to ensure efficient transfer of information regarding repairs and maintenance on all AST properties
- To deal promptly and efficiently with all repairs/maintenance issues reported by Landlords or Tenants and liaise with both parties as appropriate to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- To promote and maintain a professional and effective relationship with contractors.
- Liaise effectively with the scheme managers, caretakers and cleaners to ensure the smooth and efficient running of Estates.
- To deal with complex and sensitive issues including complaints.
- To develop the Property Management Department.
Working Hours: 09:00am to 17:30pm - Monday to Friday
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Depending on experience.
*MorganStar Recruitment are acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
- Estate Agents
- Property Management