Property Legal Secretary
Douglas Scott are currently recruiting for a forward thinking and fast paced Law firm situated in the Centre of Newbury which is close to transport links and local amenities.
This role is going to be sat within their Commercial Property team where the successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to 3 fee earners within a busy and impressive Property team.
Ideally You will be familiar with current Anti-Money Laundering regulations and risk and compliance procedures within a legal practice and have proven experience within a similar role,
In this position you will be working with large documents (including formatting), assisting with billing and dealing with clients so candidates must possess previous relevant legal experience (preferably within a Commercial Property department), accurate typing skills and the ability to use a digital dictation system
- Audio typing via digital dictation system of letters, correspondence, leases, land registry transfers, contracts, licenses, tenancies and attendance notes.
- Copy typing drafts to finished items.
- Preparing official forms for searches and applications to the Land Registry.
- Carrying out on-line pre-contract searches
- Scheduling deeds and requesting receipt upon dispatch
- Answering external calls to fee earners and assisting with client enquiries if possible.
- Sorting incoming post, processing incoming cheques and acknowledgments.
- Maintaining diary and brought forward system to ensure clients / matters are reviewed and to act as a reminder to the Solicitors.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
- Maintaining diary and arranging appointments, meetings and lunches as required.
- Preparing draft bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests etc.
- Administering both manual and electronic filing daily.
- File closures.
- Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Team.
My client is renowned to be an investor in people so if you are keen on a role within a supportive and progressive business then look no further!
For more information please contact Lilly @ Douglas Scott, or apply today and avoid any disappointment.
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job