Greater London/Surrey Border
Circa. £60,000including generous benefits
Our client is an alternative business structure licensed to provide legal services. It is the fastest growing alternative business structure in the country and is part of a large progressive group of accountants. It provides legal business advice to owner managed businesses including corporate, commercial, commercial property, employment and finance advice.
To manage a range of residential and commercial property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion.
- Assisting and advising clients on taking new leases and renewing leases, buying and selling commercial property, development property both residential and commercial, investment property structures and finance arrangements
- Working with surveyors on property investment strategy, portfolio management, service charge liability and scrutiny, valuations, business rates management, rent reviews and renewal negotiations and dilapidation negotiations
- Working with Tax and VAT teams to provide a full service on any property matters
- Give estimates of costs to new clients
- To take initial instructions for Sale and Purchase of residential and commercial property matters
- To liaise with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders and solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- To manage a range of property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
- To undertake any additional delegated tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
- To manage post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- To manage post-completion work including stamping of documents, Registration and Scheduling of Deeds
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation
- To achieve agreed levels of time-recording (as appropriate)
- To undertake any other tasks as may be required from time to time
Key skills required:
- Ideally a qualified Solicitor with at least 4 years’PQE but applications will be considered from those with alternative relevant qualifications or who can demonstrate equivalent skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge of residential and commercial property processes and procedures
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Pleasant and positive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients
- Ability to evaluate a situation in the face of time constraints and react appropriately
- Good time management, file organisation and personal organisation
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team
In return you will be offered:
A highly competitive package, including a generous array of benefits for you and your family. Our Client’s Top 20 office environment is warm and friendly. There are great people here and they work with some really impressive clients in an environment not found in a conventional accounting firm.