Topps Tiles PLC is Britain’s largest supplier of tiles, associated tools and accessories with over 370 stores throughout the UK. In the financial year ending 2015 we achieved record sales of £212m, like for like sales growth of 5.4% and profit before tax increased by 19.3%. We achieved our strategic goal of taking £1 in every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market one year early and have delivered seven consecutive years of market share gains. Our strategy is to “out specialise the specialists” and we will do this by delivering an inspirational shopping experience to our customers, providing range authority and offering multi-channel convenience.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Property Lawyer to join a wider Property Team here at our Head Office in Enderby, Leicestershire. Reporting into our CFO, you will manage a broad range of commercial property matters associated with our store portfolio which will include:
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions of store units on an unconditional and conditional basis
- Acquisition of new build leasehold units including consideration of development obligations appointments and warranties
- Freehold and leasehold disposals
- Asset Management deals: regears, surrenders and regrants
- Lease extensions;
- Lease renewals pursuant to the L&T ACT 1954 (non-contentious only);
- Licences and Deeds of Variation
- General legal advice associated with the management of a large property portfolio
- Instructing and liaising with external lawyers where appropriate
- Experienced commercial property lawyer with proven track record
- Must be able to manage transactional property matters end to end
- Manage property caseload autonomously
- Qualified solicitor
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work.
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure.
- Team working skills.
We will consider candidates who are looking for Part Time roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job