Hugely exciting, challenging opportunity to join the leaders in Risk, Compliance, Safety & Sustainability.
My client set up in 1989 to put organisations in control of their fire and health and safety management, while focusing on efficiency and effectiveness. The company has now evolved to become a market leading provider of Operational Risk, Compliance and Safety Solutions and Services internationally. Focusing on the entire supply and value chain for an end to end solution for our clients.
Working with over 500 global and premium brands. Clients include investment funds, property management organisations and FTSE 250 listed companies within the Property & Real Estate, Services, Retail and Transport & Logistics and Hospitality & Leisure sectors.
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To provide risk management consultancy and training to brief to the standards set by the company.
- Working closely with engagement managers and business development to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
- Assemble, lead and support a team of consultants/SMEs as required by the client's needs across multiple projects.
- Take complex, contentious and critical problems and present the solution in a useful and usable form.
- Act as 'Competent Person' providing advice to middle and senior management in client companies.
- Act as a senior subject matter expert (SME) advising and supporting our clients, team of consultants and product team in specialist matters as required.
- Undertake risk assessments including for complex properties and processes.
- Design, develop, audit and implement (where required) SHE management systems at various life cycles for clients both in the UK and overseas to BS OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 or equivalent in documented form or on a full digital software platform.
- Create highly compelling training programmes including initial training needs analysis and templates, permit systems, contractor approval systems, risk control systems for clients.
- Lead, run and coordinate client projects.
- Design and undertake safety climate/ behavioural safety surveys and audits.
- Review of international and UK regulations and provision of advice for client impact assessments.
- Create and undertake emergency preparedness test for HSE events.
- Designing and presenting management reports and analytics to clients.
- Mentoring new and existing team members.
Your skills and Requirements:
- Pragmatic, strategic and tactical with flare for creative thinking.
- Strong planning, producing and executing skills with ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Proactive, resourceful and deadline orientated.
- High service orientation, able to identify with the client their needs and issues
- Strong consulting skills to gather business requirements.
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excels in a fast paced high performance environment.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- Ability to work with multiple dimensions in mind.
- Ability to create client roadmaps.
- Ability to demonstrate an electronic management system.
- 10-15 years' experience.
- Professionally qualified to NEBOSH Diploma and CMIOSH/MIIRSM/MCIEH or equivalent.
- Project management
- Leading a team
- At least 2-5 projects implementing a management system for complex environment.
- At least one project of maintaining certification in 18001 or 14001 essential, and ISO 9001 desirable.
- Experience in both an industrial environment e.g. Utilities, Engineering and preferably experience in a service sector both in the last 10 years.
- Experience in contractor vetting and control.
- Experience with enforcement desirable.
- Experience in having dealt with insurers for health and safety incidents desirable.
- Flexible and willing to travel at short notice to various locations within UK and internationally, think and work on the move.
- Current UK driving licence.
- Good literacy, well-spoken and well-presented.
- Thrives under pressure and challenge.
If you are interested in this role and you feel you have the right background please apply with the FM team at Eden Brown.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.