To be ultimately responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial accounting and reporting for 2 portfolios of UK based retail properties managed on behalf of two key clients.
Directly responsible for the financial accounting and reporting for: six Dutch BV companies, one UK Limited company and associated consolidation; a stand-alone Dutch company and three UK Limited property companies using shared staff resources.
Client A - Sub-portfolio of six Dutch BV property companies with UK assets and one UK Limited car park company.
Three further independent Dutch BV property companies with UK assets.
Client B - Three UK Limited property companies with UK assets
• Key point of contact for both clients
• Coordination of Client Management Team. Team comprises the utilisation of shared resources on a ‘functional basis’ with support from Finance Assistant (50% of time) , Financial Accountant – Investment Management (allocated one Dutch BV Company) and Finance Director (allocated one Dutch BV Company)
• Coordination of annual production of Statutory Financial Statements. Production of four sets of Financial Statements under Dutch GAAP, Including one consolidation. Production of four sets of Financial Statements under UK GAAP
• Coordination and liaison with external auditors for two client portfolios
• Coordination of production of annual NRL Tax Returns for nine Dutch BV companies. Ensuring outsourced tax accountants provided with adequate information to produce computations and returns which are then sent to client accountants to review and finalise
• Coordination of external loan compliance, interest payment date (IPD) reporting for four external loans. Responsible for production of own compliance / IPD reporting for consolidated portfolio (7 companies) and one other company.
• Coordination of production of Quarterly IRR actual cash flows for four external loans. Responsible for production of IRR Cash Flow reporting for consolidated portfolio (6 consolidated companies) and one other company.
• Production and submission of VAT Returns
• Quarterly / monthly upload of ‘Property Client Statements’
• Liaison and coordination with Accounts Payable Clerk
• Approval and sign off of first level bank payment runs
• Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and basic accounting
• The ability to communicate with external clients
• The ability to coordinate shared internal and external resources efficiently
• The ability to perform basic consolidations
• The ability to produce basic Financial Statements
• Basic knowledge of UK and Dutch GAAP
• Ability to produce external loan waterfalls
• Basic understanding of corporation tax
• Ability to produce and submit VAT returns
• Well organised, able to prioritise tasks and work under pressure on a diverse portfolio
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written
• Proactive individual who can work autonomously but also as part of a larger team
• Minimum 2 years commercial property accounting
• Preferably with experience focussed on commercial real estate
• Experience working with Sage 1000 or similar integrated accounting package
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job