My client is a multi-disciplinary surveying consultancy and has a strong and well-established Asset Management Department both nationally and in their Manchester office. They act for investors and occupiers, both public and private sector, throughout the UK in the office, industrial and retail markets, managing a cross-section of commercial property types.
We are retained to source a key individual to join my clients’ established team to oversee all Asset Management and Development of a key shopping centre in the North West, working in conjunction with the Local Authority to help deliver all their strategic targets both current and into the future.
Key Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Providing strategic oversight of all Asset Management and Development activity at the centre.
- Working with Asset Manager and Development Manager/Development Team to deliver business plan/projects in place or proposed.
- Would need to integrate into the company’s Retail and Development network and utilise the very latest thinking and ideas to the scheme
- Form strong, lasting relationships with The Council, enhancing their confidence and increasing the credibility of the scheme.
- Promote a wider interaction between the shopping centre and the wider Town Centre.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Ideally, my client is looking for the following:
- A senior property professional with extensive experience in leadership/management roles.
- Asset Management expertise in the commercial property arena
- Some form of Commercial Property Development experience ideally.
- Some retail knowledge or transferable knowledge/skills from other property sectors
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and lead teams
- Some Public Sector experience and/or recognition of all implications
- MRICS/FRICS Qualified, preferred, but not essential if relevant experience is satisfactory
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to detail