My client, an Investment group are looking for a full time Property Assistant to work with the Property Director in Exeter, alongside other investment teams, assisting with administering and managing the existing property investment portfolio, property development and strategic planning promotion projects.
The role will include:
• Day to day administration and management of a small mixed commercial and residential portfolio of investment properties and tenants, including dealing with Landlord and Tenant and AST management issues, operating simple Service Charges, insurances, rent demands etc.;
• Monitoring Statutory Compliance in the portfolio;
• Assisting with development and realisation of the investment portfolio as appropriate;
• Handling routine property related enquiries and issues, referring to Property Director where necessary
• Assist Property Director with ongoing strategic planning promotion and development projects, including identifying and securing new opportunities, preparation of planning documentation, liaison with professional advisers;
• Property sector research and analysis;
• Preparation of information for valuation reports;
• Update and maintain electronic databases and information records;
• Assist with preparation of management accounts and reports;
The role will report principally to the Property Director.
The position will be mainly based in Exeter but some travel will be necessary within the UK, including Epsom where the head office is located. This will include some overnight trips where you should expect to spend a day or two out of the office with the Property Director. Driving licence and car will be essential.
The Epsom office comprises a small team of c10 staff working in various investment and administration roles and so you must be a team player and also a self-starter and motivator, flexible and willing to adapt.
You will need to have an interest in all property matters with good administrative, numeracy and IT skills. The role will require attention to detail when looking at documentation, databases and plans, and you must be able to demonstrate the need for accuracy in reporting and communication. The role will involve interaction with tenants and professional advisers and partners so communication skills will be essential.
- Development Projects
- Land Development
- Strategic Planning
- Investment Portfolio