We are delighted to be working with a highly established and well regarded (global) business in Chichester to recruit a new Property Claims Handler. This position has arisen due to an increase in business and has created a brand new opportunity within this growing team.
- Working Monday to Friday 9-5.30
- Location: Central Chichester
- Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension, reduction from gym membership, health care packages and many other benefits
Overall Responsibilities for the Claim Handler:
You will be responsible for end to end claims handling for our Property clients within the framework of a delegated authority including considering, evaluating and negotiating settlement of claims but not limited to renewal administration, preparation of presentations to insurers, underwriting premiums, processing adjustments and producing documentation. Attending client meetings with the Claims Director on a regular basis.
You will ideally have experience of working as a claims handler within a broker or insurers and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of excellent customer service. You will ensure standards of service to customers are in accordance to those laid down by the company along with FCA regulatory rules and guidelines.
- Manage all claims from first notification through to settlement, checking that cover applies and obtaining estimates for all claims that require them
- Instruct suppliers to proceed with repairs or replacements
- Instruct Loss Adjustors on large claims as agreed under the delegated authority agreement
- Consider, evaluate and action any correspondence to negotiate and settle claims.
- Identify and act upon Clients’ day to day needs and expectations by meeting agreed service levels and providing a professional service
- Attend client meetings in The City with Claims Director on a monthly basis.
- Review and maintain diaries and database information daily, taking appropriate action
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with service providers
- Ensure company and regulatory procedures are followed
Requirements for the position of Claims Handler:
- Previous experience in claims handling experience working in commercial insurance required.
- Worked to targets within a regulated, measurable framework and achieved SLA’s
- Identify, act upon and empathise with Client’s needs
- Good negotiating skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to use sound judgement as to when to refer to others within the company
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
The company environment fosters teamwork, entrepreneurialism and success. Although they are now a global organization, they still work to the values of personal integrity, innovative thinking, deep commitment to clients, openness, empathy and respect for each other.
The company work globally providing solutions to just about every industry. This is a growing and thriving organisation which has built its growth and reputation on doing the right thing just cos it is right!
- Commercial Insurance
- Property Claims