Property Claims Handler
Permanent Position - York
A Leading General Insurance Provider
£18000 - £22000 (dependent on experience) + Competitive Benefits
Sociable Hours - Monday to Friday
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services providers. Based in their regional office in York, you will work as part of a team to handle all aspects of commercial and private Property Claims . You will advise customers about the Insurance Claims Process and liaise with policyholders and third parties to obtain necessary information.
Full training will be provided but as a minimum, candidates must have a strong customer service background in Insurance or a comparable sector. For the higher salaried roles, candidates must have previous claims handling experience.
- Handling claims in accordance with guidelines and procedures
- Deciding on legal and policy liability issues
- Negotiating with claimants and their representatives
- Intimating and handling claims through to settlement
- Handling incoming telephone enquiries from policyholders and the agency network
- Experience in property, pet, travel or commercial insurance - preferred
- Experience in handling claims - essential for higher salaried positions
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgement and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong team work ethic
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including English and Maths
Please Note - All successful candidates will be subject to a credit check.
Do not miss out! Apply now for immediate consideration or contact Husna Chel at RZ Group Ltd for more information.