Property Claims Adjuster - Field / Home Based
Geographical Coverage - SO / PO Postcode Area (Southampton, Portsmouth)
Basic Salary - Up to £38,000 depending on experience + benefits + car
Handle Property Claims of varying complexity and value in an efficient and timely manner, supporting the Head of Property Services as directed.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all aspects of Domestic & Commercial claims, processes and be able to interpret and apply policy cover, terms and conditions as appropriate.
- Have a detailed knowledge of Building structures including foundations, walls, spanning members their performance and the nature of building materials and material pathology such as freeze-thaw cycle, moisture gradients, rising damp, creep, chemical attack.
- Have a thorough understanding of the nature of building defects and their causes.
- Be able to correctly diagnose defects and be able to identify the most appropriate remedial action.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the insurable peril - Subsidence Heave and Landslip and if role appropriate accurately apply policy wording to building claims.
- Understand the principles of building repair and maintenance.
- Have detailed knowledge of Contractors All Risks, Business Interruption and SME claims settlement.
- Have a thorough knowledge of CDM Regulations and Party Wall Act.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of Contents claims handling.
- Be familiar with restoration procedures and processes following Fire and Flood and similar related incidents.
- Pro-actively direct an investigation appropriate to the circumstances.
- Proven Property Claims Adjusting / Handling experience from either a Loss Adjuster, Insurer or similar.
- Ideally educated to A level or degree level or possess an equivalent insurance related professional qualification.
- Cert CILA or BDMA qualification is required.
- Full / clean driving license.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'