Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are now looking to appoint an experienced Property and Project Manager to join our Property team based at Upminster head office, who will, under the direction of the Property Director, assisting in the development and management of the Group's property portfolio.
To project manage specific refurbishment and development projects and on the larger projects to assist the Property Director in managing the projects from inception to completion and occupation. To be able to identify, undertake due diligence, negotiate and acquire (or dispose of) the freehold and leasehold interests in sites and buildings for occupation and/or development.
Assist the Property Director to ensure the effective management of the Group's facilities and property portfolio, either directly or through advice to Business Unit Leaders. To assist the Property Director in providing advice on all property related matters to the Group MD, the Operating Board and Business Leaders. To assist the Property Director in managing the property maintenance team on certain properties in the South East.
Depending on experience, you will be responsible for either directly, or together with the Property Director;-
- Project Management of new-build and refurbishment projects up to £10m and working with the Property Director on larger projects.
This involves the appointment and management of the design teams, establishment of the design and specification and scope of the project, managing budgets and the planning, design, tendering and construction processes, from inception to completion and occupation of the project.
- The design, specification, tendering and management of smaller projects. Undertaking the initial layouts and design concepts in-house using AutoCad or similar design software.
- Reviewing development opportunities or existing sites and building to satisfy operational requirements including finding suitable sites and buildings, interface with the operational teams, undertaking and managing the due diligence and planning process, financial appraisals and acquiring the freehold or leasehold interest in the property, including the disposal or surrender of surplus property.
This involves the interface with agents, management of the due diligence process directly or through the design team, negotiation of acquisition contracts and leases including the pro-active management of legal and other advisors, and the interface with internal operational and financial teams.
- Managing all planning issues on Group properties
- The direct management of Head Office and certain Group wide property related matters along with general advice where requested to Business Leaders who are responsible for the management of the buildings within their business unit.
- The management of the in-house maintenance teams that directly undertake the maintenance of the Head Office and certain properties in the South East.
- Strategic advice to the Group generally on all property matters.
- Supporting customer relationships as/when appropriate.
- Liaising with Landlords, their agents, tenants, stakeholders, professional advisors and consultants, insurers, contractors, sub- contractors and suppliers.
- Experience of commercial property and development.
- Experience of project management (managing design teams, planning and construction projects)
- Ability to negotiate and interface with senior third parties and in-house teams.
- Understanding of contracts and ability to manage the legal process.
- Understanding of leases, and capable of dealing with marketing and lettings.
- Understanding the planning process
- Adequate, proven, post qualification (surveying or project management) experience.
- Understanding of finance, budgets, cash flows and appraisals.
- Health and safety knowledge
- General people management skills.
- AutoCad experience preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of the logistics property and sector desirable.