The Herbert Group
About the Herbert Group
The Herbert Group is the largest KFC Franchisee in the UK currently operating 160 stores across the UK and Ireland. The company started business back in the early 1980’s when founder and now Chairman, Michael Herbert opened his first store in Northern Ireland. Since then the Group has grown into the only nationwide Franchisee with access to the entire British Isles. As part of our five-year strategy, we will continue to grow the business. Our 5 year vision is to own and operate at least 200 stores by 2022, with no desire of stopping there.
Property Acquisitions Manager
As the Property Acquisitions Manager, you will help deliver the five-year vision by contributing directly towards the growth of the number of outlets we operate. Working closely with Head of Acquisitions, property agents and KFC, you will be responsible for identifying and securing site opportunities in your allocated region within the UK and Ireland. Managing a number of projects at a time, you’ll be partly office-based and partly based on the road which will require flexibility, organisation and an ability to multi-task.
The role will see you involved in the full acquisition lifecycle, from initial planning through to store opening. You’ll also build important relationships along the way with landlords, agents, developers and KFC.
The primary focus will be on identifying, appraising and securing agreed Terms on new or relocation sites including the following:
- Fully understand Herbert Group requirements and store formats
- Build network of property professionals and regularly meet for updates
- Clear understanding of Trade Zones and Development Policy
- Assist Head of Acquisitions with Allocation Decks and Registration of sites (part of KFC Board approval process)
- Proactive site identification and approaching land owners
- Understand the profit drivers of each store
- Assess Turnover predictions based on store type and location
- Convert expected Turnover predictions into FH and LH offers
- Knowledge of LH and FH terms
- Reviewing HoT’s and negotiating the above terms
- Appreciation of our positions (e.g. who are we competing against for the site, what do we need to do to unlock a site, get a vendor interested)
KFC Board Approval
- Once HoT’s agreed, assist Head of Acquisitions with preparation of KFC Approval presentation.
You’ll be based remotely but will be required to attend meetings on a flexible basis. Each week is never the same! We have offices in Marlow and Belfast and have a close relationship with KFC UK whose Head Office is located in Woking.
What we look for
- Degree-level education (2:1 minimum) in a relevant discipline
- Ideally MRICS qualified with experience in acquisitions and planning
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel throughout the UK
- Ideally some experience in negotiation and multi-tasking / project management
- Highly organised and analytical with excellent ability to communicate effectively
What we offer
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Fully expensed company car
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Training and on-going personal development
Why the Herbert Group
As the largest KFC franchisee, we are the only Group that has access to open new stores across all regions within the UK and Ireland. KFC have ambitious expansion plans as a brand and have therefore provided us with the remit to target up to a potential of 300+ areas. This, combined with a strong existing property portfolio, gives the Development team great flexibility and funding to acquire with unlimited aspirations. As Property Acquisitions Manager, you will have a direct line into the Managing Director and Head of Acquisitions allowing you the ability to act quickly in an ever-competitive property market.
The Herbert Group is uniquely placed in the property market, backed by the brand and covenant strength of a large multinational corporation but with the nimbleness and flexibility of a small business. We believe this creates an exciting opportunity for an ambitious property professional.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job