We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
This role will be based within our highly successful Major Projects Directorate under our popular Property and Compensation division! The Property and Compensation group within Major Projects provides a property acquisition and management, compensation and property sales function across the company. The property acquisition team manages the acquisition of land needed to improve or maintain the Network; this can be assisting our operational colleagues or helping plan the acquisition of large schemes such as Stonehenge, A 14 Huntingdon - Cambridge and the Lower Thames crossing . The opportunity exists to work towards RICS accreditation.
In return, we will offer you a competitive reward package that includes a supportive, highly flexible working environment, competitive annual leave and a generous contributory pension scheme. We also offer excellent learning and development opportunities to help you take your career progress to the level that you aspire to.
- To manage the company's legal and valuation suppliers to acquire land and rights that are needed to improve or maintain the Network
- To pay compensation and other related costs
- To maintain the company's property records
- Provide property advice and support to delivery teams
- Provide flexible business support, as may be required to deliver work to time, quality and within budget.
- Manage work to meet objectives, ensuring that the relevant law, policies and procedures are followed
Day to Day:
- Ensure that the land and rights required for the scheme are acquired and that related costs are paid promptly and appropriately in accordance with legislation, policy and the compensation code
- To manage the property supply chain to quality cost and time.
- Prioritise the work of self and others to deliver business objectives
- Collate and analyse data and information to inform effective decision making
- Liaise with colleagues and customers, building effective relationships to ensure that claimants and affected land owners receive a good customer service.
- Proven experience to input data accurately whilst meeting strict deadlines
- Proven experience in priortising workload and working under own initiative to enable case progression
- Proven team worker with the ability to build good working relationships with our external suppliers
- Proven experience in MS Office software products to enable production/maintenance of a range of complex documents and spreadsheets
- Proven experience to work effectively in an office and external environment and to deliver an efficient customer service
- Proven ability to develop confidence and skills through undertaking appropriate training to develop professional/technical knowledge and achieve professional status
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"