Proof of Concept Lead - Lead Software Designer - Any major Dev language + AWS / Azure
Very successful Global insurance and investment Management Company are growing their London Tech team as they invest and enhance their Digital transformation.
The purpose of the role is to lead the development of proof of concept and prototype digital products that have the possibility to transform the business unit and end customer experience. This role will involve working on projects and work with third parties to rapidly develop prototype products that can be assessed for fit against emerging business needs.
- Developing prototypes and proof of concept solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Working with Architects, you will utilise the developers in the business units and with third parties, providing technical guidance and information they need.
- Engage with the external start-up community and other third parties sponsoring their development of prototypes and supporting the assessment of new products or services
- Promote the work of the business unit, delivering presentations and webinars to the other business units and, when appropriate, in the market.
- Identify emerging technologies that may meet a business requirement. Then work with colleagues to undertake technical and business assessment, recommending the best for inclusion on the digital platform roadmap.
- Enable the business units to identity and design the right mix of products or services offered by Microsoft, AWS or others as well as PaaS services developed to deliver new digital solutions.
- Identify and develop new Digital platform services (e.g. API Management) that can help to accelerate the delivery, and drive consistency across business unit digital projects.
- Proven success operating as a senior developer for a large enterprise, major consultancy or cloud native integrators.
- Good digital literacy, and capable of effectively engaging with a wide range of digital specialists, suppliers and business stakeholders to define the best approach to digital architecture and design to achieve successful business outcomes.
- Enthusiasm for existing and emerging technology with an open mind to the future, coupled with a desire to help people solve technical problems
- Experience in an area of cloud based data management, processing or visualisation
- Knowledge and experience in some of the following areas: data management, data processing, data storage, analytics, data visualisation, machine learning, IoT, DevOps, functional programming, machine learning, artificial intelligence
- Experience of large enterprise environments including integration of new digital services with traditional systems of record.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring more junior members of staff and/or third party teams
- Understanding of Agile Scrum, XP; experience working in an Agile development environment and using collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack, etc.
- Able to creatively communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely to people with or without a technical background with strong presentation and report writing skills.
- This role may require some travel to other UK locations and possibly overseas occasionally.
Proof of Concept Lead - Lead Software Designer - - Any major Dev language + AWS / Azure