Tiletec offer a professional project management and installation service for tiling and soft flooring, dedicated to servicing all sectors within the construction industry. We provide a complete service tailored to the clients requirements, from coverage of a few square metres to more complex projects such as swimming pools and airport terminals. We are proud to work with main contractors such as Vinci, Balfour Beatty, Kier and Speller Metcalfe to name a few.
Our skilled and experienced team work directly with the end user client or more often alongside main contractors, delivering a wide range of installations to architectural specifications within such locations as retail units, shopping malls, hospitals, education establishments, factories, office developments, airports and garage showrooms.
We are recruiting a new Projects Manager for our team. The Projects Manager will be responsible for the economic safe management of multiple sites in respect of progress, workmanship, health, safety, environmental and quality standards by ensuring that adequate and proper labour, plant, materials and sub-contractor resources are available and adequately directed to meet the requirements of the contract.
Key Tasks and Activities
- Ensure high standards of health, safety, environmental and quality within the site operations. Delivery of a high value safe project for the client.
- Actively lead by example ensuring that all working relationships are consistent and to the highest standards.
- Ensure that the company gets the best out of its sub-contractors and suppliers, through proper selection and management in conjunction with the project team.
- Portray the company`s image to the best advantage and to encourage other employees to do the same.
- Follow the Company`s Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group.
- Plan, organise, control and coordinate the project or section of the project to a satisfactory and safe completion.
- Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Ensure that works are not started before Risk Assessments, Task Safety Plans and Method Statements are issued and agreed.
- Ensure that all activities critical to the success of the site are executed, managed and delivered to the agreed programme and standards required.
- Provide reports and keep site records / administration as required.
- Protect the Company`s interest via appropriate recorded documentation and correspondence.
- Actively monitor and supervise site staff`s performance to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality of workmanship and efficiency
- Ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with good practise and in line with all relevant specifications, drawings, method statements and to obtain all relevant technical / manufacturers information prior to any activity commencing.
- Implement systems and procedures to ensure total client satisfaction upon completion `Defect Free`.
- Where appropriate to chair, attend and record regular site briefing meetings and site safety meetings will all personnel under your control on site to ensure effective two-way communications.
Financial Coordination Duties:
- To be responsible for the financial performance of the project in conjunction with the supporting Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Manager.
- Identify solutions to problems and organise activities to deliver these and the required margin.
- Manage materials.
- Responsible for the material scheduling and timely submissions of requisitions to the buying department.
- Arrange for the hiring of all necessary plant equipment through the buying department in accordance with Company procedures.
- Control and call off, proper and safe storage and distribution on site of materials to avoid waste.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining security arrangements for the materials, plant and work in progress.
Post Completion Duties:
- Carry out comprehensive internal and external post completion reviews, reporting on all aspects of the projects performance and giving feedback to the relevant disciplines within the Company.
- Organise and attend weekly Production meetings
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- To be innovative by identifying and implementing new ways to do things to achieve better ways of working.
- Experience in the tiling industry
- Has technical knowledge and is profit minded.
- Must be methodical.
- Construction Industry
- Financial Performance
- Multiple Sites
- High Value