Main responsibilities and duties
The quality and accuracy of materials produced is of the utmost importance. You will be required to:
• proofread all types of project at all stages to ensure accuracy of copy
• write copy
• subedit, rewrite, and restructure copy as necessary for all types of project
• follow internal procedures and protocols.
You will be the in-house editorial lead on a variety of projects, which may include (but are not limited to):
• digital projects
• email alerts
• resource centres
You will be required to use the following applications and systems (training will be given where needed):
• Microsoft Office
• Webvision content management system.
Project management is a key part of your role. You will be required to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders, including:
• all internal departments
You must demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills, and meet deadlines and stakeholder expectations.
• Life science degree (or higher) with an understanding of disease area terminology
• Excellent proofreading and subediting skills and attention to detail
• Strong time management, project management, and organisational skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Other desired skills:
• =2 years’ medical communications or publications experience
• Experience of online publishing, including:
- content management systemso search engine optimisation (SEO)
- google analyticso development of eLearning modules.
• Objectives bonus £1,000 per annum
• Profit share scheme
• Pension and healthcare schemes.
- Content Management
- Online Publishing