Our client prides themselves on delivering extensions, loft, ground and first floors, from commencement to watertight in 30 days. They are expanding and acquiring showrooms throughout South West London so are looking to appoint 2 new energetic, ambitious and motivated Project Managers with a thorough knowledge of building sequences, managing trades and working within occupied residential properties.
Managing multiple jobs and maintaining good customer relations are part of a varied and interesting role. A network of trade contacts in all disciplines will be key to success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of multiple projects, at varying stages, to ensure that targets for quality, budget and timescales are achieved.
- Recruit a suitable workforce to carry out the works.
- Continuous expansion of the network of Trades, Contractors and Consultants.
- Be responsible for the management of Health & Safety on site and to be able to prepare a simple H&S plan using the HSE’s template.
- Visit site before the project commences and to meet the client.
- Ensure that there is adequate, clean welfare on site.
- Have sufficient technical knowledge to be able to carry out an initial check of the drawings, specification and scope of works before works start on site and identify any areas where further/better information is required, together with any areas of particular risk.
- Identify any design issues and liaise with the responsible Designer to obtain solutions and/or clarification.
- Be able to schedule materials, deal with suppliers and call-off materials and plant deliveries.
- Be the direct day-to-day contact with the homeowner and manage any queries.
- Plan ahead and advise the homeowner in advance of critical dates for delivery of materials to be supplied by them.
- Ability to check and approve workmanship and establish systems for quality control.
- To effectively manage defects.
- Coordinate site inspections with the Local Authority Building Control Officer.
- Maintain an accurate site diary (weather, workforce, visitors, inspections etc)
Suitable applicants must be able to travel to sites throughout South West London, demonstrating a good knowledge of the area and be prepared to travel at short notice as is necessity.
Only applicants will have a proven track record of relevant experience will be considered for this role.
Base salary plus package on offer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'