We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Coverdale, Witham, Essex
£9.44 per hour (rising to £9.94 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, variable shift pattern
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are seeking a Project Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Coverdale is a supported living scheme for people who suffer from mental health problems. We support people to live in their own flats and establish the skills needed for independent living. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Regular key working and support planning to ensure relevant support is provided, enabling our clients to maximise their own potential and level of independence
- Assessing clients’ needs, writing and updating support plans
- Working with statutory and non-statutory agencies on behalf of our clients, actively encouraging choice and involvement, or acting as an advocate when required
Skills and experiences:
- A sound knowledge of housing management including voids and arrears management, and an understanding of occupancy agreements
- The ability to work on your own initiative as you will be required to source innovative solutions to problems that allow residents’ independence to be enhanced
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel or similar
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours per week
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job