Project Worker – Part Time
Victoria Terrace, Whitehaven
£8.99 per hour (rising to £9.47 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
16 hours per week – Monday to Wednesday with some flexibility required
We are seeking a Project Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Victoria Terrace is a 8 unit shared accommodation for clients with Mental Health & learning Disabilities who require support with their tenancy. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a fabulous opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Regular key working and support planning to ensure relevant support is provided to enable our clients to maximise their own potential and level of independence
- Assessing clients needs, writing and updating support plans
- Working with statutory and non-statutory agencies on behalf of the clients, actively encouraging choice and involvement, or acting as an advocate when required
Skills and experiences:
- The ability to work on your own initiative, as you will be required to source innovative solutions to problems that allow residents independence to be enhanced
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel or similar
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, allowing you to build strong working relationships with residents
- Some Housing Management experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience with working with clients with Mental Health and Learning Disabilites
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs and families fleeing Domestic Abuse.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 14 August 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"