Project Worker Behaviour Change - Temporary position for up to 12 months
Project Worker (Behaviour Change) - Temporary position for up to 12 months
Torbay Domestic Abuse Service based at Woodview House, Paignton
£9.77 per hour
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our service for someone to take on the role as a Behaviour Change Project Worker, working with individuals who are perpetrating abuse.
This role is part of the commissioned Domestic Abuse service which provides a whole family approach to preventing Domestic Abuse. You will work as part of a multi agency team, working closely with Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVAs) and the children's team .
You will be based between the domestic abuse office and within the police led domestic abuse management team.
You should have experience in support work and domestic, excellent written and verbal communication skills. As part of this role, you will do the RESPECT training course and this will be funded by Sanctuary.
Read more about Torbay Domestic Abuse Service here
The role of Project Worker will include:
- Working closely as part of a multi agency team to prevent domestic abuse
- Regularly assessing the needs of clients by writing and updating support plans, and signposting access to education, training and employment
- Encouraging social inclusion and helping clients to build their confidence, resilience and self-esteem
- Acting as an advocate for clients when required
- Undertaking risk assessments and promoting safe work practices
- Travel is a requirement of the role
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a role supporting victims of domestic abuse
- Sound knowledge of housing management including voids and arrears management
- Good understanding of occupancy agreements
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- The ability to react effectively under pressure
- Occasional travel may be a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Why work for Sanctuary Supported Living?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation, but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services, floating support and telecare services. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, people with mental health needs and older people.
Ready to join Sanctuary Supported Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Supported Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Supported Living. For more information on the campaign clickhere
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 29 September 2020We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions;
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'