At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with mental health needs. As a Project worker 2 within mental health, you’ll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and recovery-focused support plans they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you’ll visit people in their own homes or community locations.
The Carers Support Service provides emotional and practical support (including breaks) to carers of people with mental health difficulties and/ or young onset dementia, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and elderly care who live in Hertfordshire. The service is designed to complement rather than replace existing respite services.
This is an outreach service so having a driving licence and access to a car is essential.Main Responsibilities
As a Project Worker 2 you will be required to lead, manage and develop the team by:
- Building a cooperative and collaborative team that is flexible and adaptable to changing requirements
- Assigning work to team members, monitoring, reviewing and supervising the day-to-day standards of the work.
- Openly and honestly participating in regular supervision meetings (OPR), agreeing objectives, identifying specific actions and development needs, reflecting on performance
- Providing effective coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Actively monitoring and managing attendance and absence, undertaking return to work interviews and implementing absence management procedures as necessary
- Participating in recruitment and selection of new employees as part of the interview panel.
- Undertaking Induction of new employees and ensuring that they participate in the Mandatory Training programme as appropriate
- Undertaking probationary assessments taking appropriate actions in a timely manner.
You’ll need previous relevant experience of using a person centred approach in a mental health setting, at least two year’s experience of working in mental health in an outreach setting and a good management experience. You must be capable of prioritising your own workload and using your initiative. As aneffective team player, you will possess good communication skills, a flexible approach, a positive attitude and be able to adapt in a changeable environment.
As a Project worker 2 you will be required to manage you own case load.
Havinga full driving licence with business insurance to be able to transport service users and or carers is essential. Mileage is paid - 40p per mile.
NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable or willingness to work towards.About us
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym
- Paid mileage - 40p per mile.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'