Housing Solutions are currently looking for a Project Surveyor to join our team on a full time permanent basis in Maidenhead. We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Surveyor to join our Surveying Team responsible for managing our planned investment programme.
- Oversee procurement and management of the planned investment programme ensuring it is delivered on time and within budget;
- To manage and oversee the performance of contractors and consultants in the delivery of planned maintenance to ensure agreed KPI’s and Customer Satisfaction targets are met.
- To ensure all works are carried out in a safe manner in line with relevant H&S legislation. This includes current legislation (e.g., CDM 2015 & HSE Regulations/Guidance) and statutory compliance requirements.
- Review and prepare specifications for the delivery of projects that deliver high quality works in line with organisational objectives.
- Ensure effective customer consultation is undertaken for all programmes of work. This includes Section 20 leasehold to ensure compliance with relevant legislation as required.
- Provide surveying services and technical advice to other departments including external clients in relation to property conditions to support stock maintenance.
- To monitor customer satisfaction levels in relation to planned works to ensure they meet agreed targets. This includes reviewing and reporting on KPI’s and addressing areas of underperformance.
- Provide support to the Surveying Services Manager as required to manage and monitor processes and resources to ensure the effective deliver of maintenance projects.
- To evaluate and propose innovative solutions to repairs, maintenance and refurbishment works.
- To take on other duties commensurate with this post as directed/delegated by the Surveying Services Manager.
- HNC/HND in Building Surveying or equivalent.
- Experience of writing specifications e.g. planned investment and maintenance repairs for in-house trades.
- Experience of working with Planning Department & Building Control.
- Experience of working in a social housing sector.
- Experience of contractor management.
- Experience of managing KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Proven successful delivery of planed investment programmes.
- Good technical understanding and awareness of building fabric/structures.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to evaluate, research and problem solve complex issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels - verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of contracts (e.g. JCT minor works, intermediate works, partnership contracts).
- Understanding of Party Wall Act.
- Ability to drive with a clean driving license and access to a roadworthy car.
Housing Solutions provide good quality, affordable homes to rent and buy across the South East of England. Established in 1995 we now own, manage and maintain more than 7,500 properties across Berkshire and Hampshire.
We offer a wide range of housing options, including affordable homes to rent, properties to buy under shared ownership, market rent properties, and specialist accommodation for older people and people who need care and support to live within the community.
We are currently working hard to maximise the number of new homes we build, to help improve the shortage of social housing locally, which forms part of our six year strategic plan, to achieve happy customers and provide more homes.
The closing date for application forms is 2 April 2018. Interviews will be held on 11 and 13 April 2018.
You can apply for the position now on Reed.co.uk
- Building Surveying
- External Clients
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job