Project Support Worker, Bangor, North Wales
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Support Worker, to join a busy Housing Scheme based in Bangor, North Wales
Main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Ensure housekeeping and cleaning tasks are regularly carried out at the Hostel and when necessary to provide practical support and guidance to residents, to maintain good standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
- Provide day to day support to service users within their Support Plans.
- Assist service users with their claims for housing and associated benefits, under the guidance of Scheme Project Workers.
- Maintain accurate Hostel records, resident files and Association records.
- Respond to and deal with any incidents appropriately; contacting and liaising with Association staff (On Call – out of hours, etc.), with emergency services, voluntary / statutory support providers etc. to maintain the safety of the Hostel at all times.
- Undertake regular and effective hand over procedures at the beginning / end of shifts, to ensure the safe management of the Hostel, as required by the Scheme Manager.
Assist service users with their planning and preparation to move on to more permanent accommodation.
- Ensure the safe and effective day to day management of the Hostel in the absence of Scheme Project Workers and the Scheme Manager – in accordance with all relevant Policies and Procedures
- Assist service users to gain essential skills such as cooking, budgeting, IT literacy, where needed and according to their individual Support Plans, through effective in house activities.
To be successful in the role you should have:
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C, or above, including mathematics and English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in a client centred environment (e.g. supporting individuals in reporting maintenance issues, making healthcare appointments, pursuing hobbies, securing training and employment, etc.).
- The ability to adapt and work closely with new colleagues.
- An awareness of the support needs of vulnerable people.
- The ability to work alone with confidence and good judgement.
- Experience or understanding of the need to work in a confidential manner.
- Able to understand and stay within professional boundaries.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience of working in a customer focused organisation.
- To be comfortable with everyday Welsh conversations/discussions specifically in relation to your job. Be confident to converse in Welsh when required. (This requirement is set at Level 3 on self-assessment form).
This role is being offered on a part-time temporary basis working 16 hours per week ongoing work on a week by week basis. An hourly rate of £8.81 is on offer plus holiday pay.
Thank you for viewing our listing for Project Support Worker, Bangor, North Wales. For more information about this or any of our other vacancies, please contact Supertemps, the leading recruitment agency in North Wales.