Purpose of the role:
You will be accountable for the planning, scheduling and co-ordinating all activity within the IT department. This will require an accurate and robust assessment of resource requirements against capabilities to enable the most efficient delivery possible of prioritised Business Change and improve projects and service demands. This role entails working closely with key stakeholders at levels to model, plan and schedule as well as monitoring and reporting on processes.
• Produce effective and coherent planned single pipeline of all IT work
• Assess business impact of work in terms of its schedule
• Interactively remodel plans to cope with resource conflicts and changing priorities
• Model work on weekly, 6 monthly, 12 monthly and 24 monthly forward views
• Manage relationships with project leads, managers to ensure in partnership the delivery of overall IT improvement, service delivery and change
• Develop project plans and schedule the resources
• Ensure all work in the pipeline has been commissioned appropriately, has been subject to the appropriate approvals and has clear user requirements and technical specifications before allocating resource to the project, escalating issues of variance from this process if necessary.
• Work with the leadership team to prioritise work within the schedule.
• Maintain project documentation in order to produce accurate management information reports for the IT management team and project boards.
• Maintain project issue logs, following change request protocols to ensure any changes to work in the pipeline are controlled appropriately
• Secure and log the final sign-off evidence against quality criteria in order to keep an audit trail of approved products releases
• Complete closure reports, ensuring that lessons learned are logged and fed into the department’s continuous improvement cycle.
• Experience of managing and co-ordinating IT projects
• Experience of producing management reports
• Strong team work skills
• Great communication skills are a must
In return you will be entitled to a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme and flexitime
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business