The Project Support Officer role is to contribute to the success of GBSLEP in achieving the targets set out in the Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) and Local Industrial Strategy (LIS) to position Greater Birmingham as a leading, global city region by 2030, by supporting the successful delivery of capital and revenue projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support Project Champions in progressing projects through each of the Programme Management Stage Gateways in accordance with the Assurance Framework, including project set-up, assistance in preparing contractual agreements, monitoring project progress against agreement, raising risks/ issues and reporting.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders, support the development of new and existing projects to help deliver programme objectives, supporting projects through strategic fit, outline and full business case appraisal.
- Working with the Project Champion to ensure approved projects progress as planned, and are governed in accordance to policies and procedures, by providing check, challenge and support, collecting and interrogating data, representing GBSLEP on relevant Project Boards and managing project change requests as required.
- Lead on the financial monitoring of projects, through management and monitoring of forecasts and the processing of grant claims ensuring that they are in line with legal agreements and the Assurance Framework, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Champion the Project Management System (Verto) by providing support and guidance to internal and external stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of project information.
- Ensure all information relating to projects and programmes is stored appropriately electronically and in a timely manner.
- Working with the Project Champion to ensure project completion and evaluation plans are completed, with lessons learned fed back across the programme.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'