Project Support - My Resources Programme
The Croydon Council are offering two positions as a Project Support Intern in the My Resources Programme. This role is due to start as soon as possible so interested candidates should apply without delay. High possibility of an extension to one year. This is for two positions
Deadline: Wednesday 9th February 2018
Croydon is a distinctive and diverse place and is London's most populated borough. Croydon is about to undergo the biggest development and regeneration programme since the 1960s with £3bn of investment flowing into the borough over the next five years, building a positive future for residents and businesses alike.
We are passionate about the value of public services and our new headquarters has the customer at the heart of what we do. It brings together 75 services including council, Met Police, NHS, Jobcentre Plus, Croydon Credit Union and Citizens Advice Bureau under one roof, allowing us all to work together as one team. This makes now an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain an unrivalled insight into a career in Project Management in the public sector with real hands on experience of working on a fast paced, council-wide transformation programme. We are looking to recruit a professional, enthusiastic and hardworking Project Support person to work as part of the team delivering projects within the council's My Resources Oracle Cloud programme that is delivering a new cloud based ERP solution for Finance, Payroll, HR, Procurement, Learning and Development and Recruitment across all council services. The role has no limits on the level of involvement and ownership the successful candidate would be able to achieve, so would suit someone with commitment, flexibility, a hands on approach, ability to learn quickly and with an abundance of talent.
The role will involve tasks such as:
- To provide support for the projects in the transformation programme support, including leading on agreed projects and tasks.
- Assist with the compilation of reports for departmental/project boards.
- To undertake project data collection, validation and analysis
- To undertake administration and monitoring of projects
- Research ideas and best practice, to support the delivery of projects
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, colleagues, higher level managers, and external individuals and organisations.
Undertake other assignments from time to time, depending on the needs of the programme
Provides support to members of the Core Programme team - Programme Manager, Change Manager, ERP, Finance or Technical Project Manager and PMO; and Business Leads.
- Prepares and submits status reports and various presentation materials as required.
- Collates information as requested
- Maintains various trackers and registers as requested by the Programme Manager and PMO.
- Organises meetings including booking rooms and ensures attendance.
- Provides support to the team with test scripts/ test scenarios writing
- Provides support during testing phase with testing activities and associated documentation
- Provides support to test manager with liaising with Croydon staff
- Maintain documentation storage arrangement - Programme Sharepoint site and External Collaboration site (ensuring version control).
- Provides assistance to the Change Manager and Training Coordinator(s) with organisation, facilitation and running of the engagement/ training sessions and maintaining training materials.
- Provide support the Change Manager with programme communications, including drafting copy for the newsletter and other internal channels. e.g. Yammer, Intranet and email.
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a strong aptitude for working on a fast paced project.
- Knowledge and understanding of Projects, and working in a project environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to communicate effectively internally and externally using good inter-personal skills.
- Well organised
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Excellent personal time management and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Professional demeanour and presentation at all times
- Good level of IT literacy
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 and Office 2013 applications and to be proficient in the use respect of word processing, spreadsheets (including data analysis), email and the internet.
£400 per week
- Project Management
- communication skills
- Time management
- Microsoft Office skills