Schneider Electric is theglobal specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25billion in FY2016, our 144,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries,helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable,efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operationalsystems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customersmanage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshapeindustries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we callthis Life Is On.
As akey member of staff within the company Projects delivery and Supportdepartments the main responsibility of this engineering role is to undertakesite modifications, commissioning, in-house post design engineering and otherclient support activities across a range of electronic hardware/software basedcontrol and safety systems for which training will be provided. Additionally,there will be involvement in the original system design. This role will rapidlydevelop to involve significant levels of site work which could also includeperiods of time off-shore checking and modifying oil rig safety systems.
Therole is suited to a candidate who is methodical, has good interpersonal skillsand strong problem solving capabilities. The Project/Support Engineer will be self-motivated,self-reliant and able to work under pressure with the ability to work as partof a team. A good command of English is essential. A UK/EU passport is alsorequired.
Thisrole is suited to candidates who may largely be office based but who wish todevelop their career into a more senior role involving more exposure to sitebased work, whilst acquiring greater engineering skills in designing andtesting new systems.
You willbe responsible for the following:
- Provide site based maintenance, repair, modification (wiring and fitting/assembly), testing and commissioning, on-shore and off-shore.
- Provide telephone support.
- Attend meetings with clients to discuss technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Provide sound engineering advice as required across a spectrum of engineering problems.
- Assistance to sales in technical queries, proposals and cost estimating as required.
- Organising the logistics for site visits.
- Adherence to Quality Standards and procedures (including reviews)
- Rapidly developing to undertake 24/7 call out, including offshore, on a rota basis for which additional allowances apply.
- Assistin new systems build (design/testing) where required
Throughundertaking of the responsibilities, the Support Engineer will be expected todemonstrate the following:
- Rapidly proceed to provide excellent site support directly or via telephone
- Organisation of site visit dates and all logistics for site visits
- Maintain site modification files to a high standard
- Discuss and recommend technical solutions
- Accurate updating and archiving of documentation
- Commercial awareness of project costs, time management and the associated control thereof.
- Assuranceof quality standards
Experienceof the following is mandatory:
- At least some demonstrable site based experience in electronic/electrical/software (PLC) control and/or safety systems maintenance, fault finding, repair, modification (including wiring and fitting/assembly), testing and commissioning.
- Can demonstrate self-reliance in solving problems
- Testing at system level
- Undertaking engineering design changes to existing systems
- PC Literate (MS Office)
- Proven hardware and/or software capabilities.
- Can follow a system circuit design drawing and then be able to modify system circuitry and connections.
- Must be able and willing to work, when required, in unappealing environments such as off-shore oil rigs for which additional health & safety training is required and would be provided
- Full driving licence required
Experienceof the following is an advantage:
- Providing telephone support
- Previous experience in a role requiring site based electronic/electrical/software (PLC) control and/or safety systems maintenance, fault finding, repair, modification (including wiring and fitting/assembly), testing and commissioning within the process control industry (such as nuclear, chemical, pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, power generation, defence)
- PLC programming
- Understanding of basics in intrinsic safety equipment, analogue/digital design, power supplies and distribution annunciators, comms etc. and/or PLC/DCS software programming capabilities
- CAD experience
Diversity is our heritage and ourfuture. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity& Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part ofour history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversityunlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want ouremployees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers weserve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to aconversation around flexible working.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job