Project Support Assistant
Project Support Assistant
Location: Office and Field Based. Office location Southampton or Aberdeen.
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday
A career with DEKRA is never dull and offers unlimited opportunities for people with the desire to succeed who want to work with a forward thinking, customer-focused company.
For over thirty years we have provided specialist services for the identification, analysis, prevention and management of fires, explosions and accidental chemical releases in the chemical and process industry.
We specialise in cultural change and creating cultures that have care at their core. We pride ourselves on enabling organisations to make the right decisions at leadership levels, and to working with the workforce to give higher levels of engagement.
About the Project Support Assistant role:
This is an important role as part of a newly formed Project Support Team, put in place to help our consulting team to deliver excellent work to clients.
This is an administrative leaning role, mainly internally focused, but with some important client liaison work.
The PSA will additionally support the consulting team with a number of design and formatting tasks related to client facing documents, general office administration work and ad-hoc requests that come to the Project Support Team to help projects run smoothly.
In addition to this you will be responsible for:
- Supporting consultants and associates with all administrative aspects of project delivery, including:
- Providing materials, course notes, presentations
- Arranging logistics.
- Formatting reports and presentations for client delivery, conferences etc.
- Non-technical quality checks on client reports
- Reviewing, formatting and finalising project logs/ reports
- Supporting PSOs to review and update materials (training, conferences, CVs, templates)
- Supporting clients through client liaison and maintaining relationships with translators / other materials suppliers
- Assist Project Management Officer and Project Support Officer’s with core team activities and tasks when required
- Raising Purchase Orders and Debit Memo requests
- General office admin role may include sorting post, answering phones, first aid, ordering equipment
- Supporting Assessments Team with diagnostic set up, client liaison and report creation.
- Support Project Management Officer (PMO) with Project Initiation Meetings & Reviews.
Required knowledge, experience and qualifications
- This role is ideally suited to someone who thrives in a primarily administrative role
- Experience of working with other teams is important, as relationship development with colleagues, associates and busy client-facing consultants is a key part of the role.
- Good communication, verbal, written skills.
- Attention to detail
- Strong experience of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, is essential.
- Experience working with SAP is ideal, but can also be trained.
- English essential (other languages desirable - Dutch and/or French would be ideal)
In keeping with our Behavioural Vision and to be successful in this role, you will:
- Be proactive, responsive and inquisitive - always looking for ways to improve things
- Work well within and across teams, not in isolation
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility
Benefits of working for DEKRA
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible working
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'