The Project/ Site supervisor will carry out the duties outlined below but, may, from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the employer’s business.
The responsibility of the Project Supervisor is to ensure that each project undertaken is carried out safety, profitably, on time and to a high standard or workmanship. This is achieved through close co-operation with the Site Foreman and through the overseeing role of the Project Manager in charge.
Specific duties include the following: -
1. Procurement of materials through suppliers and the placing of orders with sub-contractors.
2. Management of the site set up in terms of offices, containers, communications etc.
3. Management of the Site QA System and safety Procedures in accordance with the Company Safety Policy.
4. Formulate, together with the Project Manager / Foreman, the Construction Programme and to obtain the contractors approval and monitor progress and re-formulate revised programmes and shirt term detailed programmes as necessary.
5. To direct and manage in the most efficient manner all resources employed by the company for the contract. These resources include directly and indirectly employed labour, staff, and sub-contractors, material, plant, professional consultants, temporary staff and trainees.
6. To assist in the preparation of monthly interim valuations including assisting with all pricing all variations.
7. To assist in the preparation and submission of contractual claims including dealing with and corresponding with relevant parties, formulating and issuing all records and contractual notices in a timeous manner.
8. Monitor and check progress on site, prepare and report progress to the Project Manager and relevant Main Contractor Representatives.
9. Attend all necessary site meeting including design, progress & Safety.
10. Compile and check weekly labour time sheets ready for the Project Manager to sign off.
11. Check and authorise invoices and sub-contractors applications ready for payment in conjunction with the Project Manager.
12. Assist with the negotiation and settlement of suppliers and sub-contractors accounts in conjunction with the Project Manager.
13. To assist with the on site installation, as the contract reaches a completion status and it is deemed an 'all hands on deck’ requirement.
14. Liase with and co-ordinate factory works with site programme.
15. Report directly to the Project Manager in charge on all matters where necessary and to attend internal contract meetings to formally report on safety, progress and financial status.
16. To keep an overall review on correct quality and specification of materials and site workmanship levels.
This role is Site and office based and is an excellent opportunity for the right person.