Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems. Their activities cover complete civil and military telecommunications and Earth observation systems, science and navigation programmes, together with avionics and a wide range of space equipment and associated ground infrastructure.
They are recruiting for a Project Scheduler to work on high-value Earth Navigation Space Mission projects within an international company. This is a Contract position for 6 months and will be based in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Within the group discipline "Planning & Scheduling" department, the post holder is responsible and accountable for the project scheduling preparation and reporting for one or several (typically up to 3) programs of Earth Observation and Science Space Projects, including supporting the Project Management's representation to senior internal management and external customer as needed. The post holder shall follow departmental processes and contribute to their improvement through lessons learned and specific improvement activities. Short term travel within Europe or beyond may occasionally be required.
Integrated within one or several project teams, in support to the Project manager and Industrial manager and by detailed co-operation with the project Work Area Managers, the post holder ensures :
- Project duration data consolidation
- Project planning creation and update
- Project schedule report edition towards customers and internal contributors
- On demand Planning simulations
- Critical path analyses and full consideration of schedule impact in the planning decision making at all levels
- Trend Analysis
- Support to the Estimate At Completion process via close co-ordination with the Project Controller and Project Management for delivery of consistent schedule input at appropriate level of breakdown and milestone filtering per Work Area, and support to cross-checking data consistency between scheduling and control
- Appropriate engagement with project and senior internal management, other contributing schedule actors, and external customers and subcontractors as needed
Detailed tasks include:-
- Define the schedule tree
- Collect schedule information
- Create, sequence with logical relationships and organize activities and milestones in the project management software for scheduling
- Allocate resources and estimated durations to scheduled tasks
- Develop the original baseline schedule
- Revise and update Original Baseline Schedule with agreed changes to establish Current Baseline
- Maintain current master and detailed network and schedule, updating with progress data regularly
- Consolidate schedule information from contractors into schedule and network
- Conduct Critical Path Analysis, schedule compression, what-if scenario analysis, resource levelling.
- Update current schedule progress
- Provide master schedule and trend charts for internal monthly progress report
- Prepare and issue schedule reports as part of progress reports.
Similar role in industry for a significant period of time. Comprehensive knowledge of satellite or other highly skilled engineering processes.
Technical skills :
Project scheduling methodology,
Tools : Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project
If you have the relevant skills and experience to be considered for this position, please apply on-line.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.