Project Sales Director
£ Excellent salary plus package
We are retained by this prestigious client with a strong heritage within their industry. Due to continued success we are seeking to recruit a Project Sales Director for this sought-after role.
To ensure that the company projects team is run in the most efficient and effective manner in order to profitably meet customer’s expectations. Ensuring the best possible return on capital employed whilst focusing on the longer-term growth opportunities
- Lead, motivate and manage the Projects team to deliver the Company’s vision, values and strategies as set out in key policies and plans
- Ensure effective advice and guidance to the Company’s senior management team on major strategic and policy options and determination of corporate objectives
- Act as an ambassador for the company and ensure that the organization is fully engaged with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- A degree education and professional qualification is required, as is line management experience
- The role requires an individual who can lead when necessary but allows personnel to flourish under their own supervision
- 5 years experience at senior executive level with an understanding of "specification" route to market.
- Good communication skills and an ability to be flexible
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Ability to develop and implement 5 year strategic plans
- Working understanding of Health & Safety of Quality standards
- Work within parameters outlined by the Managing Director
- Strategic Sales Direction, 5 year plan
- One-year business plan and operational budget
- Bring vision and clear direction to the business
- Management of the Projects team including recruitment, remuneration, promotion and discipline
- Pricing policy
- Disciplinary and Grievance policy and implementation to dismissal
- Financial authorities as per the company Signing Authority Levels
- Develop long term strategic plan (5 years) to meet the business objective.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, formulate, implement and obtain agreement of department objectives which meet the Company’s strategic plan at appropriate levels of service, turnover and profit
- Set the strategic sales and service agenda
- Develop and maintain a field sales force structure capable of delivering the strategic sales plan
- The ongoing monitoring of regulatory impact and the internal dissemination of relevant information
- Responsibility for company profile and maximization of benefits through trade associations and other external agencies influencing the business
- Responsibility for ensuring the training and development of all direct reports
- Represent the Company at industry functions, participate at seminars, conferences and meetings as required
- Translate the company’s vision and strategic objectives into measurable targets for management and individuals.
- Implement divisional profit plans in order to ensure that the companies commitments for growth, profitability and return on capital employed are achieved
- Direct and control all aspects of the commercial operation in a manner which enables these plans to be achieved
- Recruit, train and develop staff to maximise their potential to the company and themselves, ensuring that they are motivated and of the calibre to meet challenges of tomorrow as well as today.
- Ensure business achieves current and future commercial objectives as agreed with the company
- Develop and implement a systemic programme for the development of new market and product opportunities to increase the company’s market penetration in the UK
- Carry out all general duties as defined in the Health & Safety Policy
- If you are looking for a new challenge and you want to work for a company that really does value its staff - then we would like to hear from you.