Project Safety & CDM Practitioner
Project Safety & CDM Practitioner with good communication and inter-personal management skills and a clear understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues is required for a well-established airport based in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England.
SALARY: Up to £50,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Project Safety & CDM Practitioner with good communication and inter-personal management skills and a clear understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues.
Working as a Project Safety & CDM Practitioner you will be part of a high performing team responsible for ensuring that all projects meet and exceed regulatory and business requirements.
As a Project Safety & CDM Practitioner you will play a key role in the airport’s future, supporting the Capital Project Team in ensuring the safety of all construction related activity across a significant deck of multi-disciplinary projects in a live airport operational environment.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as a Project Safety & CDM Practitioner will include:
- Review and approve contractor Construction, Design & Management (CDM) and Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) submittals (including construction phase plans, risk assessments, change management applications, methods statements and work permits) and monitor compliance against accepted plans
- Deliver regular safety engagement (including safety tours, safety surveillance and safety performance reporting) across assigned project(s)
- Review contractor Quality and Commissioning submittals (including Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and Daily Reports)
- Contribute to Design Development sessions to evaluate design in terms of HSE and CDM compliance
- Support the Capital Project Team to ensure that compliance is monitored against accepted HSE plans
- Provide support and knowledge transfer to the Capital Project Team in HSE matters, particular in reviewing risk assessment and method statements (RAMS) and conducting effective site inspections
- Inspect ongoing work and work sites within relevant disciplines to ensure compliance with standards and statutory regulations
- Work in collaboration with the central Health & Safety team to deliver the HSE strategy within Construction including delivery of key initiatives
- Accountable for ensuring all documents and templates relating to HSE in Construction are updated and comply with current legislation and Safety Management Systems
- Responsible for managing HSE key performance indicators, to ensure progress is measured, trends identified, and improvements put in place to drive a safety culture
- Chartered Health & Safety professional (or working toward) with an accredited Institution (i.e., IOSH), with expertise in Health, Safety and Environmental compliance at a mid/senior level
- Qualified to minimum NEBOSH Construction Certificate level or equivalent H&S Qualification
- Demonstrable experience of addressing Health Safety & Environmental issues associated with the Construction industry essential
- Good practical problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues
- Proven experience in construction site monitoring
- Good understanding of the monitoring and management of construction quality
- Good communication and inter-personal management skills
- Good working knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project)
- Knowledge and understanding of airport environment desirable
- Personal resilience and the ability to manage ambiguity
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday per annum plus statutory public holidays
- Workplace pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Access to medical plan including a range of private treatments (after probation period)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme (after 9 months of employment)
- Sustainable travel scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation and food/beverage at affiliated hotel and pub
- Access to discount and savings scheme
- You'll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8920
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'