We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior/Project Quantity Surveyor to join a successful and widely known UK leading contractor. A contractor who understands and appreciates that their people are the very nucleus of what really makes their business move, a contractor constantly raising industry standards and a contractor therefore known as one of the most desirable industry employers.
Their schemes provide added interest as they are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out and they enjoy a commanding position in these markets through an absolute commitment to ever improving quality, both of their product and their service.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will need to be able to lead and work within a team to enable the success of projects ranging from £5m to in excess of £70 million.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected at all times.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender.
- Manage our established list of supply chain sub-contractors.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Submission of client valuations and management of the variation account.
- Manage the commercial aspects of the contract
- Management of subcontract accounts from procurement to final account.
- Preparation and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that legislations are met.
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Have experience managing your own project or multiple projects.
- Experience working on new build schemes valued above £5m
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages, including Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge, teamwork, discipline and enthusiasm.
- Contract Negotiation
- Quantity Surveying
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Final Accounts