Project Quantity Surveyor
Looking to work for award winning Developer in the residential market? Looking for long term stability and progression? Look no further this will be the role for you!!!
Seeking Project Quantity Surveyor to look after there own phase on a major project while mentoring an Assistant QS and reporting into the Lead Surveyor on site. You will be responsible for the second phase consisting of 200 residential high-end apartments with build value of £44mil, RC frame and built over 10 storey blocks. This is great opportunity to work for growing residential developer with in the London market.
- Paying in region of £65,000 basic salary
- Highly competitive numeration package - Travel / Car Allowance, Healthcare, Pension, Bonus
- Dynamic, forward thinking contractor
- Strong pipeline of work
- Long term stability and progression
- Training and development on offer and fully supported
- Deliver subcontract procurement to a programme ensuring timely placed orders. Identify risks, gains, areas of design input or potential value engineering. Establish and monitor subcontract resources. Produce sub-contractor buying analyses together with detailed back-up information identifying the package summary for approval by the Senior Surveyor and then the Commercial Manager/Project Director/Regional Director, prior to order being placed.
- The production of timely CVCs ensuring preliminary and material costs/forecasts are managed. Preparation of CVC's to be reviewed with Technical, Production and Purchasing disciplines. CVC's prepared for review by the Senior Surveyor and then the Commercial Manager/Project Director/Regional Director approval. Produce accurate stock takes during CVC reporting period of materials on site and their values.
- Produce comprehensive subcontract orders, manage their return and completion with accurate records taken.
- Administer Subcontractors accounts, in accordance with the subcontracts, including valuing, re-measuring and certifying timely payments.
- Attend and actively partake in Design meetings, Client meetings and Internal Team meetings, and actively drive to pursue Value Engineering options.
- Agreement of contract variations, communication of their outcome, implications and the preparation of forecast final accounts.
- Maintain cash management of projects, by minimising costs and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages.
- Management of the contract finishes schedule, review and evaluation of specification costs and alternatives. Work towards closing out an accurate value engineered finishes specification delivered within the works on site.
- Control and accurately report cost together with future financial projections.
- Work in partnership with all departments, assist in driving communications & problem solving.
- Support any Senior QS and/or Assistant Surveyors on site throughout all aspect of their duties
- Provide support to trainee surveyors working full time within the commercial department or on rotation.
- At least 4/5 years experience working within a QS position in the UK
- An excellent approach to work and professional outlook on the construction industry
- Main contractor/developer experience desired but not essential
- New Build and RC Frame experience needed
- Strong references
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid commercial acumen
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (BSc Quantity Surveying preferred)
This is a great opportunity to work for an award winning developer who is willing to invest in their staff to further enhance their careers and push them forward into more senior positions as their time grows with the company.
If you're interested in the role and want to hear more, reply to this advert with your CV and I'll contact you directly. If you would prefer to have an initial discussion over the phone, give me a call in our office on . Your details will be kept strictly confidential and will never be sent to anyone without you first giving permission. I'll look forward to hearing from you, come back to me ASAP to make the initial shortlist!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.