An established and respected Chartered Quantity Surveyor Partnership is looking to recruit an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor. This is a newly created position to support the growth of the business and has a clear route to progress to become a Partner.
Our client primarily acts as either Q, Employers Agent and Project Manager. Working on a variety of projects, successful candidates will support retail, industrial, office and resi projects ranging in value from £50k- £50 million.
Working throughout the UK but predominantly based in the South West, this is a great opportunity for some one wanting to make their next step towards becoming a Partner.
- Preparation, feasibility and budget estimates
- Cost planning
- Procurement advice
- Tendering procedures and advice
- Negotiating with contractors
- Management of pre- qualification process
- Pre- selection of prospective contractors
- Price/ quality matrices
- Preparation of contract documents
- Recommendation for interim payments on account to contractors
- Assessments of anticipated final costs and reporting
- Variations to contract
- Customer retention and service is paramount to this organisation
- Ability to work across multiple projects at any one time
- Experience in a similar role specifically as a PQS would be advantageous
- Relevant Degree qualification
- Opportunity for progression to Partner
- Onsite parking
- Range of company benefits including pension
Harvey Richmond Recruitment are acting as independent Recruiters in respect of this role.
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Quantity Surveying