£26,980 to £33,725 depending on experience + pension + quarterly performance related bonus + 25 days annual leave
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project & Programme Performance Analyst in our Asset Programme Management team team at Yorkshire Water on a 14-month Fixed Term Contract.
What will the role involve?
This will be a hands-on role and the successful candidate will carry out performance and reporting activities, driving improved programme performance, ensuring consistency and compliance with reporting standards of the highest level. The performance analyst will be involved in the full project lifecycle from Concept through to Handover and work with project delivery teams to drive accuracy of project costs, monitor performance against schedules and trend performance to provide insight for senior stakeholders to identify trends, support delivery of business plans and enable strategic decision making
This includes the use of lead control measures and predictive analytics, assurance and quality control of data, information management, financial tracking, risk and issue tracking, governance, general Programme and Project Management support and knowledge management. This will also include:
- Creating & maintaining Power BI Management performance dashboards.
- Drive accuracy of project cost and schedule forecasting.
- Develop and implement KPIs and monitor performance trends.
- Provide analysis and insight to relevant stakeholders to enable decision making
- Carry out performance and reporting activities in a compliant and consistent manner, to the highest standards
- Produce accurate and timely Executive and Senior management reports as well as internal functional reports and dashboards
- Track and analyse project delivery performance to drive outperformance of efficiency targets
- Maintain the master list of "live" projects in Construction, enforcing appropriate change controls between Construction and other departments
- Monitor and assist with the timely close out of projects
- Assist with any ad-hoc performance analysis or reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the provision of support for IT system developments for Asset Programme Management
- Develop and support business process delivered by the Role/Team, including interdependence with other processes and data dependencies
What skills are we looking for?
Relevant experience in construction and a good understanding of the project management life-cycle would be preferable.
You will need to have a passion for data and analysis, and be able to extract key messages to measure and guide the programme, the role will focus on developing metrics and clearly presenting analysis in an engaging and insightful way
- Expert MS Excel user
- Excellent IT literacy skills including MS Powerpoint.
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships within project delivery and other teams within Yorkshire Water and with our external Delivery Partners.
- Ability to identify, assess and solve problems.
- Highly organised and proven ability to deliver against tight targets and timescales, without the need of close supervision.
- Good attention to detail and provision of accurate information
- Result driven and pride in constantly delivering work to high standards.
- Understanding of Capital Programme Delivery and knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Experience of Programme Management.
- Experience of Risk Management.
- Experience of Financial Management.
- Experience of Project Management.
- Experience of Commercial and Contract Management
- Experience in the creation and production of reports and dashboards.
- Acquainted with Primervera and P6 Analytics
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please complete the online application process and attach your up to date CV with a covering letter, outlining how your skills match this role.
Closing date: 16 March
Interviews: First stage Skype interviews to be held between Wednesday 21 March and Friday 23 March